X

someone hit my bike!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone hit my bike!!!!!

hey guys, some jerk hit my bike in a parking lot, left this nasty scuff on my white paint. anyone have a tip on how to get it off? tried a few different things but no dice.
    Do The Chicken Dance

Rubbing compound
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

meguires scratch polish... hopefully its just black bumper rubber transfer.

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

agreed on some light rubbing compound, what did you try? it doesnt look like it went throught the paint looks more like paint transfer from their vehicle to your bike
        Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

elbow grease
          sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

wet sand with 2000 or greater and buff if its bad enough

Comment

Sorry to hear about the contact with the bike. I agree with everyone else. Start with the rubbing compound and some elbow grease. This way if it comes out all you have to do is a little touch up on the surface. If that doesn't work, then very fine wet sand... 1500 or 2000 grit very lightly over the surface. Use of a coarser grit could burn through your color. Use a mild cutting compound on the scuffed area, polish it and wax. Hope all turns out well.

Comment

Why not try electricity? A 10" orbital buffer ought to do the trick. Swirl some liquid cleaner wax on there and be done with it.
                2005 Katana 750

Comment

Any of the previous ideas will work all depends on how deep it is on which method to use. It doesn't look too bad from the pic though

Comment

I wouldnt use rubbing compound unless you are able to buff it out. Id go with Smith if you have an oribital try some cleaner wax, if that doesnt work go and get a Clay bar kit. If a clay bar wont take it off, probably nothing else will either.

--A nice big sticker will cover it if it doesnt come out.
                    Originally posted by arsenic
                    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

thanks for the tips everyone! im gonna head down to a car dealership i use to work at and get the lot techs to let me borrow a buffer , they also have clay bars and rubbing compound. ill let you all know how it turns out. i guess if all fails, ill be looking at painting the bike. that scuff is such an eye sore.
                      Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Working...
                      X