Replacement Mirror Follow-Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Mirror Follow-Up

Posted this thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104513
    a while back about bolts for replacement mirrors.

I finally found some bolts, but now I realized that because of the damage from the previous owner one bolt hole on each side does not have threads. Anybody know of a quick fix for this...or should I just go with some bar end mirrors?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

see if you can cut them off and re weld some new nuts on the back. That is what I had to do..
    1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
    1993 katana 600 sold
    Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

It might be possible to re-thread the holes going up one or two sizes.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

don't know the specifics but are you familiar with Heli-coils? they are made to fit in original position with original threads. not inexpensive though, a kit is required to install.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by plyhockey3 View Post
          see if you can cut them off and re weld some new nuts on the back. That is what I had to do..
          Originally posted by squiggy View Post
          It might be possible to re-thread the holes going up one or two sizes.
          These are probably the quickest and easiest ways to go. I have a stripped nut on my left mirror and just taped another nut on behind it for the bolt. Pretty redneck but it works and nobody sees it.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Permatex makes some stuff that you put in the hole, the put a release agent on the bolt and bolt them together. After it cures, its supposed to be as strong as original. Never used it, but had a rep come by and tell us about it.
            "Don't mess with a nation, that needs medication"- Christopher Titus-

Comment

Originally posted by None2Slow View Post
              Permatex makes some stuff that you put in the hole, the put a release agent on the bolt and bolt them together. After it cures, its supposed to be as strong as original. Never used it, but had a rep come by and tell us about it.
              where can I get some of that?

Comment

Never used it, but here is ifo and a place to order. Also, google it and you may find it local.

"Don't mess with a nation, that needs medication"- Christopher Titus-

Comment

thx

Comment

Originally posted by None2Slow View Post
                    Never used it, but here is ifo and a place to order. Also, google it and you may find it local.

http://permatex.carshopinc.com/produ...id/42295/81668
                    looks like a good product. might find a use for it on my job. thanks
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I tapped mine to 1/4-24. Its just a tad larger.
                      Originally posted by arsenic
                      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                      X