X

What color should I paint my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color should I paint my bike

Tearing down my bike this weekend. Going to be painting it... Keeping the wheels green which color should I paint white or black?
    White
    27.78%
    black
    72.22%
    My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

i would go black bro,, especially if your gonna keep the wheels green
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

that was my first idea... but everyone has a black bike....

Comment

I strongly agree with that Dallas, Texas dude. Black.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

white!!!!!

Comment

Yea black, White is UUUUUUUUUGLY on bikes....black with some green kat decals thata be kool
            sigpicTrust me I know everything! Just ask!

Comment

Hrm.. all colors...or the lack of color... gosh, just can't make up my mind for you...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I don't think the green wheels are gonna help you with either color really. Black with green is gonna look like you're trying to make a Monster zx6r out of it, and white just isn't gonna blend right with the green...gonna look late eighties/early nineties inspired (when all the day-glo was HOT! )

Go black or white with bronze, now that would look good, IMO. I'd lean towards black though.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Some white bikes are cool, but not all. White Kats look like a cop bike, whereas black you can work in your accent colors a little easier.

Comment

yeah true that,, for somthing that is as full fairing as a katana white just doesnt do it justice.
                    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
                    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

i really like white bikes. the best example of a hot white katana would defiantly be shifty. go look up him profile. really beautiful bike

infact ill do one better here is the link to his profile:

Comment

Personaly I love white bikes.

Once get all the mechanical done to my bike i am going to end up with a silver/black/grey decal on white bike.

Comment

all valid points... I wont be putting stickers back on it i think.... I like the clean look. I like whit because of how clean it can look... the green wheels are really bright lime green. They grew on me... I had though about black making it look like a monster bike but I figured with no other stickers it wouldnt be so bad... I had also thought about doing some real flames in a solid color... in the same color as the wheels over black or the white... but really im just looking to paint it a solid color now... its got a few scraps im going to fix to... With black Im really going to have to do much more work. White hides dust, dirt, and small imperfections black does not. If i paint it black there will be a lot of sanding and buffing afterwards... Think a decent photoshop could be made of black and white over the blue?

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
                            i really like white bikes. the best example of a hot white katana would defiantly be shifty. go look up him profile. really beautiful bike

infact ill do one better here is the link to his profile:
                            http://katriders.com/vb/vbgarage.php...ew&id=%2011154

Shifty...exactly. His was pearl white and it was my all-time favorite Kat ever. Give it a look. I guess his wheels were black (not certain). Put on some candy apple red or even bronze wheels and you'd have a show bike. Right now though, the green wheels are limiting your color choices...unless you go with a deep metallic jade or emerald metal flake. Sort of risky though...but being yours, do what you like. I want to see it when it's done...good luck!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Well... a friend suggested painting a fade, from the ground up, green to black... But I was planning on painting the fairings piece by piece at work in my down time as i got time over the winter and a fade might be hard to duplicate piece by piece...

Comment

Working...
                              X