X

skid bar question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skid bar question

has anyone welded skid bars to there fram instead of drilling holes? what is stronger and safer?

well welding would make it so that the "skid bars" would not break away if excess force is applied to the bike when skidding. I wonder if the frame would bend sooner and under less stress if welded.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
      well welding would make it so that the "skid bars" would not break away if excess force is applied to the bike when skidding. I wonder if the frame would bend sooner and under less stress if welded.

Agreed....bolt-ons are easily replace should the unfortunate happen.

Buc
      it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

I AM WELDING A 2X1 INCH IRON BRACKET TO THE FRAME. DRILLING THE BRACKET AND ATTACHING THE SLIDERS TO THAT. ....HOPE IT WONT FAIL ME IN CASE OF A MISHAP....
        (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

Working...
        X