X

Color matching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
    Maybe it's my screen Shifty, but your signature pic looks like Kurt Warner with a paint mask on.
    I don't see the resemblance.

EDIT: Actually now that the two pics are up there together I guess I can see it... and look at his eyes compared to my eyes in the avatar! haha
    Last edited by Shifty; 03-20-2009, 11:37 AM.
    Originally posted by katanawarrior
    I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

The mask...? I look like Brad Pitt with my helmet on.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

That's more than I'm doing my whole bike for!

My local napa store does paint matching. I paid $25 for a pt of basecoat (Dupont Nason), $10 for the reducer, and $20 for the activator. My old boss in Breslau will paint for people if they supply the color for $50 per hour which includes him using his own clearcoat.

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
        I don't see the resemblance.

EDIT: Actually now that the two pics are up there together I guess I can see it... and look at his eyes compared to my eyes in the avatar! haha
        Yeah, I see it. Same eyebrows too. The whole top half of your head looks the same as his, minus the hairline.
        Last edited by Dexter; 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
          The mask...? I look like Brad Pitt with my helmet on.

You outta see him in a Kevlar...looks like a giant "mushroom." Scuttlebut is that HQMC had to have a custom one made for him. I tried on one of his garrison covers once...it sat on my grape like an umbrella.

Yup...Brad pitt for sure...
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

Scout

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

No hard feelings!

Comment

Go to your local automotive paint supply store and have them read the color. That is the best chance you have of getting a close match. If you think you are going to get an exact match, don't hold your breath. There are far too many variables...pressure, overlap, speed...and thats if the toners used have exactly the same value as the factory's did. Paint is expensive, it seems like it goes up every other week. There are some toners that are almost $200 a quart. If you have the tools to paint then go ahead and do it. If you don't, it's going to be cheaper in the long run to have a shop do it. A good shop will know how to shift the color if needed to get it really close. How do I know this? Card carrying PPG certified painter here....the color match class was 3 1/2 days long and years of practice since.
                I'm not a real Doctor.......but........I do play one in the back of an Ambulance

(<<< my BEST half!!)

Comment

Working...
                X