X

Fual Cap Reassembly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fual Cap Reassembly

So last year I decided to embark on a painting job done in my garage, Everything went OK but after a year I've finally decided to take it to a professional...I just didn't have the time to spend on it like I thought I would.

however before I do that I'm putting everything back together. in my haste I didn't take pictures of the de-assembly process. however I did a fairly good job of keep all related peices together in plastic bags...

My fuel cap has a rubber seal, that was in the bag with it however it doesen't go all the way around the fuel cap and I'm wondering what is the proper way to put the fuel cap back on....I have the orientation right but just not sure how this rubber seal is suppose to fit.

Any assistance diagrams or anything you can't point me to would be greatly appriciated. I have looked at the Service Guide that was posted in the forums but there's nothing in there about the fuel cap only the fuel tank itself

Thanks
    Nic

I wonder if the rubber shrunk?
    I haven't opened mine in a few years!

Comment

I don't think it could have shrunk that much? I mean it only goes about 2/3 around, it almost seems intended but now when I put the fuel cap back on I see a small gap that I don't remember from before. Shrunk is a possibility though.

Nic

Comment

Wait, maybe I don't understand.. Where is the gap?
        Mine was abused or something at one time, now the cap seals OK but isn't sitting flush with the ring like it should.

Comment

I'm talking about under the ring....in order to paint the tank I had to take of the entire fuel cap assembly apart. Although one thing I didn't look at was the fuel cap itself....it might possibly go there to seal the fuel in....I was thinking it went under the Fuel Cap Ring. So that might be something to look at and could explain the reason if doesen't fit all the way around the fuel cap ring....

The gap that I'm talking about is between the Fuel Cap Ring and the Metal tank itself...

Nic

Comment

It's not seated or turned correctly. It should fit flush unless your tank is mangled...

Pics would help greatly.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Oh the ring...
              Well the cap pivots toward the rider.

Comment

I will try to post pictures tonight. The orentation is correct, though.

Comment

Sorry guys I ddin't get a chance to take some pictures last night. Apparently the rechargable batteries in my Digital camera, are dead....meaning not rechargeable anymore....so...I'll get the pictures as soon as I can.

Nic

Comment

Working...
                  X