X

To clear, or not to clear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To clear, or not to clear?

Should I clearcoat my new decals while repainting? I wanted to at first, but now I'm having my doubts.
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Someone cleared over the Suzuki stickers on my tank, and it makes me mad. Not that I'd remove them, but I don't have the choice in the matter. Just my 2 cents.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
      Someone cleared over the Suzuki stickers on my tank, and it makes me mad. Not that I'd remove them, but I don't have the choice in the matter. Just my 2 cents.
      tank decals are cleared over because it protects them from gas spills. All manufacturers follow this practice.

If the decals you are talking about are on the tank, I would clear over them, otherwise I would not.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Just make sure you REALLY like them..exactly how they are and where they are BEFORE you clear 'em

Comment

I don't think I'm going to bother, even on the tank decals. I'm putting on aftermarket decals - if I spill gas on the tank decals I'll just remove them and put new ones on. Easy!
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Thats a great idea, my vote was for no, decals are cheap and your always going to find one a couple years down the road that you like better

Comment

Working...
            X