No announcement yet.
X

Fixing the fairings.........with pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys...im a newb of course but will the route of getting the fairings done like this be cheaper than a fairing kit off ebay? i have some damage on both m fairings...couple chipped off pieces on the front where someone i guess tightened down the bolts too much

Comment

depends how much you go into it and what you already have, i put about $400 into my project all together, including paint, materials to build a booth, tools i didn't end up needing, and other misc. stuff. Its way worth it in the end. biggest thing is gonna be patience, and read read read. the guys here know what they are doing and can teach A LOT!...if your willing to put the work in then yes it is cheaper in the end

Comment

well the damage is really not that severve but still takes away from resell value im sure...really dont wanna dump $500 out on new fairings. I have done alot of mechanical stuff but never any painting or bodywork, probably be cool to know though.

alot of the damage is on those big factory katana stickers...but my god suzuki wants $180 apiece for them, they can keep those stickers. I wish there was an aftermarket clone sticker made.
        Last edited by Linchmob; 03-26-2011, 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
        X