X

Best of both worlds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of both worlds?

Does anybody know if it's possible (provided I can find the parts) to fit an 1100 fairing including the adjustable windscreen on a pre-750? I'd love to have the better wind/rain protection of the 1100 with the weight/size of my 750 and, yes, I know I'd take a hit on performance pushing more air with the same engine.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

I would love to do some research on this , but lacking a little info what year and model is the 1100 ? Looks interesting i'll subscribe to this thread to see what becomes of it

Comment

Looks to have started on the 1988 1100 Katana. Here is a short informational review...

What sets this fairing apart from run of-the-mill aerowork is Suzuki's new Power Shield, a retractable windscreen operated by a handlebar-mounted control switch. Push the button and the shield raises as much as three inches from its fully retracted position. Using essentially the same mechanism as automobile power windows, the PS employs a pair of plastic ball-chains—the left side driven by a sprocket from a small Kioto servo-motor, the right by a drive shaft—to articulate the shield in push/pull fashion.
      Although raising the shield extends the envelope of still cockpit air and shrouds the rider's chest and shoulders from the blast, helmet buffeting and wind noise at 60 mph actually increase when the shield is in its fully extended position. Not until 80 mph and faster does this air-spill become less turbulent. In the high-desert chill, we settled for earplugs and ran at a law-abiding 60 mph with the windshield full up.

Looking at that model Kat, looks like the end of the windshield is turned up. That could probably be the reason for the additional wind noise at variable heights? Extending the range a little longer would have also prevented the helemt buffering as well I think. If I am able to work this out on my kat, I'll definately be shooting for the top position to push the wind above my helm.

So... anyone have an extra set of fairings around?...

Krey

Found this on ebay.

Last edited by Kreylyn; 01-13-2009, 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X