X

ignition bolts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition bolts

Anyone know the size of the ignition bolts? I had one fall out and the other is loose.
    Now im gonna have to take it all apart and make sure all the bolts are tight...
    Thanks for any info..
    2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Like where the key goes ? One of THOSE actually fell out ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yup, i only noticed it, cause I put in new light bulbs... im like wtf... they had the thread locker on them.. SO i gonna tighten the one up till i get 2 new ones, but i done know the size.

Also there are 4 connections near the exhaust headers, they have hoses connected to them, the outer ones are leaking oil. what are they called so I can order new gaskets.
      I'm taking the plastics off tomorrow evening to get a better look, and hopefully put the new bolts in.
      Last edited by smitty600; 01-06-2009, 12:46 AM.
      2001 Kawasaki zx1100

Comment

Well the 4 connecttions near the header(since the katana has 1 header) are called the pair system ...suzukis ingenious smog system ...Ive never hear of them leaking oil are you sure its not your valve cover gasket?
        1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
        2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
        sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
        Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
        A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Or the weep holes (they go from the plug wells to the front of the engine) . I had that problem a couple years ago . SOmething up top was leaking somewhere , and it drained out them holes . Ain't nothing behind the pair nonsense to really leak anyway .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thats what i figured, but it really looks like it is comming out of the pair right where it mounts to the engine.. I'll take a photo tonite when I take all the fairings off..

Do you guys know where I can get the blocker plates, so I can remove the Cali crap? It already has a full exhaust so part of the system is missing anyway. Or will it make the bike run bad?
            2001 Kawasaki zx1100

Comment

Originally posted by smitty600 View Post
              Do you guys know where I can get the blocker plates, so I can remove the Cali crap?
              I made my own with some scrap aluminum, but you can buy them from Holeshot Performance. They work on the Bandit and Kats.
              Last edited by squiggy; 01-06-2009, 01:14 PM.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Be forewarned you probably have to rejet the bike and sync it if you remove it
                1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Originally posted by quik89Kat View Post
                  Be forewarned you probably have to rejet the bike and sync it if you remove it

Well, that suxs, dont wanna go thru all that... Thanks for the heads up..
                  2001 Kawasaki zx1100

Comment

Originally posted by smitty600 View Post
                    Well, that suxs, dont wanna go thru all that... Thanks for the heads up..
                    Sync-ing is just part of the regular maintenace of the bike, no big deal with doing that part.

Jet kit, well I already had Ivans jet kit before I installed the block off plates so I can't say how the engine behaved prior to it.
                    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

See this thread... it's a T40 security bit.

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                      From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                      this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Comment

Thanks, I know the size of the tool i needed, I needed the actual bolt size. I have one missing.
                        2001 Kawasaki zx1100

Comment

Sorry Smitty, I misunderstood...take the one you have to the hardware store or Fastenal.

Comment

its cool, imma take it all apart and retorque all the bolts and find new ones for the ignition.
                            2001 Kawasaki zx1100

Comment

Working...
                            X