Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Trying some custom work, tell me what you think.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant wait for update!

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
      definitely reminds me of my old gsxf when it was finished!
      Old post but I have to know. How on earth did you get that "hybrid fairing"? It looks like you took a katana lowers and welded them to a gsxr front fairing. How did you achieve that? That looks so sick...And what about the back end.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob. View Post
        Old post but I have to know. How on earth did you get that "hybrid fairing"? It looks like you took a katana lowers and welded them to a gsxr front fairing. How did you achieve that? That looks so sick...And what about the back end.

http://www.matthewcastor.com/frankenkat/index.html will have alot of those answers, and more pics.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah, that looks soo sick! I want to do that front end swap. I just don't get how he got it all to look so nice like it was stock. I know its a rf900 front end, but did he just take the top of both left and right side pieces on the katana, and then just patch the rf900 in with bondo or something?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob. View Post
            Yeah, that looks soo sick! I want to do that front end swap. I just don't get how he got it all to look so nice like it was stock. I know its a rf900 front end, but did he just take the top of both left and right side pieces on the katana, and then just patch the rf900 in with bondo or something?
            ABS cement and/or plastic welding, then a flexible filler. See some of the fairing repair threads for details. Basically the fairings were bonded together to make one.

Bondo is not flexible btw, and will chip/flake if used on ABS many times.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              ABS cement and/or plastic welding, then a flexible filler. See some of the fairing repair threads for details. Basically the fairings were bonded together to make one.

Bondo is not flexible btw, and will chip/flake if used on ABS many times.

Krey
              Everything was plastic welded and then I ran ABS cement over the welds just to be safe. The pieces that blend the top of the RF fairing into the kat sides are ABS plastic that was cut out of junk fairings and plastic welded in place. There is almost no body filler in those fairings, just a light skim coat in places to fill in some scratches. Wish I had been able to hold onto the bike long enough to pull a fiberglass mold off of the fairings. Oh well...just need to finish the 1998+ set.

Comment

thats sick man. when i do that with mine would you help me out? give me some pointers.

Comment

so how about it wal? any updates? I've got a 89 parts bike I'm thinking about using to fit some custom parts. Used to do fiberglass work a few years ago and seriously considering making some custom fairings for my 91. Just tired of the old look. It really needs a modern rocket ship look!
                  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Mat 10:33

Comment

wow that looks great! Tons O work im sure. too bad im to lazy to get that deep into it! Ida just went out and got m'self a new bike. But im deff interested in the inverted fork conversion. how did that R1 front end match up and what did you have to mod to get the front end to match up?
                    Joker
                    The newest addition to the Family!
                    sigpic
                    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

project bike=long hours of the night=passion
                      i love it

Comment

any new updates? this thing looks amazing?

Comment

I didnt go anywhere, I'm still here. The poor bike project is going sloooooowwww. I seem to have this problem of having too many projects at once. So, I work hard on them all collectively, and that makes progress on one project slow sometimes.
                          92 Kat 600
                          mods so far:
                          -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket
                          www.myspace.com/waltwallace

Comment

updates? need to get working cause the Big Kat Shootout starts in January
                            Chrome Project Part 1
                            http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Yes, updates please. Dying to see more. I love this. I wish I knew more and could do that kind of stuff to mine.
                              - Remember -
                              Ride wherever the road takes you and
                              never stop until every inch of pavement
                              has tasted your rubber.

Comment

I'm not sure if I showed you guys what I have been puttin together for the exhaust, but this is what i have been thinking....

92 Kat 600
                                mods so far:
                                -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket
                                www.myspace.com/waltwallace

Comment

Working...
                                X