Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Trying some custom work, tell me what you think.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walwal63 View Post
    Now comes the fun part of lining up the sprockets. First I think I can get about 3/8 of an inch out of machining the face of the cush drive hub. I already got about an 1/8 inch out of a 520 chain. Now comes finding about another 1/2 inch. I am fairly sure I can get enough out of spacing the engine sprocket. It looks like I will have to notch the frame to clear the sprocket. And I'm gonna have to investigate if I'm going to be able to get a sprocket cover back on there with it spaced out so far. Has anyone ever done this? Any other suggestions?
    I'm kinda suprised the hub is that much wider than the 5.5 rims. What is the measurment from center of the wheel to the center line of the sprocket?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I will have to measure that tonight. I remember when i was looking for a rear wheel, the 6.0" wheel fom centerline to the center of the sprocket was about 7/8" more than the stock Kat. I see you didnt have to realign yours at all! What year was yours off of?
      92 Kat 600
      mods so far:
      -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket
      www.myspace.com/waltwallace

Comment

The wheel I used was a 90-91 range 5.5 gsxr. I'll measure mine here in a few (when I get home) and post it up for you as well.

Okay, I checked mine... It's 4 1/2" from center wheel to center chain. 1/2" wider than the 3.5" rim I have sitting in my basement atm.

Krey
        Last edited by Kreylyn; 04-23-2009, 09:09 PM. Reason: added info
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I gotta ask..... Just how bad was that gixxer front end to install? I'm def. interested in the inverted forks and upgraded triple trees!
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Well to put it on my new frame all i had to do was swap the bearing races over. It just bolted right in then. Now I am not sure if it was machined or anything before, as I got it off of my parts bike which is a Kat.

What part of Pennsylvania are you from?
            Last edited by walwal63; 04-24-2009, 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            92 Kat 600
            mods so far:
            -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket

Comment

AHH I C so the front end was already swapped when you got the parts bike. You just pulled a frame switch for title reasons. Im out in Bristol\Levittown area. bout 20 miles East of Philly
              Joker
              sigpic

Comment

OK, Yeah i know where you are, I work in hamburg, live in ashland. so I'm not to far from you.

i have relatives in bristol
                Last edited by walwal63; 04-25-2009, 11:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                92 Kat 600
                mods so far:

Comment

give a heads up when your commin around and ill take you on a killer upper bucks county ride great views
                  Joker
                  sigpic

Comment

looks good............ keep up the good work
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      I'm kinda suprised the hub is that much wider than the 5.5 rims. What is the measurment from center of the wheel to the center line of the sprocket?

Krey
                      So your right. I measured the gsxr wheel. Its 4 3/4". The kat is about 4 3/8". I must have measured it without the cush drive pushed all the way together. Thats the only thing i can think of. That makes me feel a whole lot better. I might not have to notch the frame.
                      92 Kat 600
                      mods so far:

Comment

I got 4 on the kat, and 4 1/2 on the 5.5 wheel. Differences with where we measured from specifically would result in the difference using the Kat wheels as reference.

Sounds to me like the 6" rim is pretty much the same at the hub as the 5.5.

Krey...
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

neonjeffie is running a 6.0 busa wheel on his pre...he had to do quite a bit of machining to the cush drive to make it all line up right, shoot him a pm....he has his all lilned up though, no removal of the engine cover or offset sprockets, nothing like that....I do know he inverted the sprocket bolts to gain clearance from them to the swingarm though...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Looking good, can't wait to see it when it's done!!

Comment

updates pleaseeee! i love your bike!

Comment

Sorry, I havent gave up on it. I have just been incredibly busy. Plus some other projects have been getting some attention also.I am anxious to get some more work done on it and I will post my progress.
                                92 Kat 600
                                mods so far:

Comment

Working...
                                X