X

Any one good with Bondo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one good with Bondo?

I don't have the know how, resources, or place to learn/do glassing, i've got some serious scrapage on my right upper cowl. has anyone used bondo, or body filler, what ever you want to call it. I don't even know if it would work on plastic body pieces. Just thought i would ask, if i plan on repainting it, it will definately need some smoothing out first. Thanks guys and gals!
    "Too weird to live, too rare to die"
    Where's Waldo?
    sigpic

Originally posted by tigerkatau View Post
    I don't have the know how, resources, or place to learn/do glassing, i've got some serious scrapage on my right upper cowl. has anyone used bondo, or body filler, what ever you want to call it. I don't even know if it would work on plastic body pieces. Just thought i would ask, if i plan on repainting it, it will definately need some smoothing out first. Thanks guys and gals!

My advice would be to look up some plastic welding on youtube. get yourself a good soldering iron and a piece of ABS, from a busted fairing. Groove out the gouges with a dremel or something. use the Soldering iron to melt some new plastic into the area that needs repair. Once you have built up the area Sand it down, and prep for paint. Easily the best repair for plastics.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

+1
      Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

I used bondo on my plastics in a couple playes and you cant tell. Looks just as good as a spot filled by fibergass.

Comment

I use plastic epoxy for plastic repairs to cracks.
          just bondo/spot puddy for scratches

Permatex plastic weld

I don't recommend plastic welding, plastic gets brittle after its been heated up
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Comment

if its not cracked just use a plastic filler. bondo cracks with flex. icing works well too. has a small amont of flex. just use it for minor scratches though. you'll be fine.
              Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Don't use bondo brand anything it is junk. Use Easycote filler it sets up in minutes. If it is cracked, put on the back. It's awesome, hold firm but just enough flex not to crack. Then finish off with the easycote to pretty it up on the front.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                X