X

Seat Differences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Differences

Can anyone tell me what the difference between to pre98 and 98+ seats are? I am working a custom job to convert my 04 600 to a street fighter.

Pre is a split seat. The rear and regular are separate. The post is a single seat design. This means the locking mechanism is different as is the way it attaches. What specific info are you looking for?

Comment

Well I was wondering if I could fit a pre 98 to a 98+ tank? I have the whole sub frame redone but the seat is giving me problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
        Pre is a split seat. The rear and regular are separate. The post is a single seat design. This means the locking mechanism is different as is the way it attaches. What specific info are you looking for?
        you are half right...the pre 600 has a split seat, while the 750 has a one piece seat like the post....from what I have seen the locking mechanisms from the pre 750 to the post are quite similar. i have no idea if they will interchange...and I am pretty sure the tank won't be a direct line-up either...since you are building a fighter, you're ready to do some fabrication anyway, right?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

i got a 95 with a 2 piece seat and i want to put a one piece on. what would i have to do to make it fit on there?

Comment

Originally posted by meeks150 View Post
            i got a 95 with a 2 piece seat and i want to put a one piece on. what would i have to do to make it fit on there?
            hmmmm, seems to me there was this exact question earlier tonight in the cb.

anyhow, alot of cutting and welding plus bodywork ect.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Working...
            X