No announcement yet.
X

No more mirrors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with all the issues listed above no to mention freezing in cold weather and the lag of the pixels before it freezes viewing in the day would be junk and at night the backlights of the lcd might over power you gauges and/or your pupils are dilated when your riding at night and looking down at the lcd reguardless of brightness will cause them to retract and you will not be able to focus for just a monment untill you eyes readjust and those 2 seconds could be the diffrene between finishing your ride and not.
    I ride in rual areas at night often and i know that would be a problem for me anyway.
    www.disruptstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
      I've seen plenty of folks who ride without mirrors but as long as they have their helmet on then the cops leave them alone around here.
      Same here, I'm one of them. I like having to turn around, keeps me on my toes and gets me in a good habit of checking lanes before I merge.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If you were thinking about using it as a reversing camera, why don't you try shouting out "BEEP BEEP BEEP" when you're going backwards like the trucks do?

Comment

That's standard protocol for me. It always attracts the chicks . . . well . . . makes them look at least. It's my mating call.

I can't honestly say I want the reliability issues of a cheap lcd, so instead I bought two small circular "RV" "blindspot" mirrors with adhesive on the back of them. That way, I can keep the bike flush by eliminating the regular mirrors and still see around me. They're going in the lower center of the windscreen because they're somewhat angled and that's the best place for me to use them. BTW - total cost of mirrors was 2$

Comment

I love technology and adding screens everywhere, but just doesn't sound like it will work out, I have an lcd touch screen phone and can't dial numbers worth !@#$ in the sun, and at night I can use it as a flashlight...not sure I would trust it for dodging cagers...

Comment

please post a pic

Originally posted by Dago View Post
              That way, I can keep the bike flush by eliminating the regular mirrors and still see around me. They're going in the lower center of the windscreen because they're somewhat angled and that's the best place for me to use them. BTW - total cost of mirrors was 2$
              May the road rise up to meet you.
              May the wind always be at your back.
              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
              and rains fall soft upon your fields.
              And until we meet again,
              May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
              RIP Marc

Comment

I also worry about the LCD in the light outside. Aside from that it just doesn't sound appealing to me. Possibly a cool idea but I like the comfort of my mirrors...

Comment

i considered doing this a few weeks ago when I came across a cheap LCD / fish eye camera (would provide a FULL view of whats behind me, 180degrees. I just couldn't convince myself to hack up my gauge pod though...

Comment

Why dont you go with one of these instead?

Would be a lot safer.

Tok

Comment

Sounds like a poor idea to me. make all the excuses you want it is your life afterall. Just hope you don't kill someone that you didn't see.
                      R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
                      X