X

Rear grab bar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear grab bar

On a 98+ there is a cushion between the grab bar and the plastics, is that cushion 1/4" thick or is it really thin? And can anyone snap me a pic or tell me what bolts go in there? Are they just hex heads or socket heads?

Ok maybe it goes under the plastics ?

TIA
    Last edited by Astro4x4; 09-28-2008, 01:40 PM.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

I don't recal a cushion on mine. Just bolted right over the plastics. And if I remember correctly, it was phillips head screws that held mine in.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

:ditto:

Comment

Yeppers. No cushion on mine. But it is a bolt, not a screw.

Huh. I just looked at the fiche. I've never seen the cusion and washer on mine. Must have gotten lost long before I started taking it apart.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

mine is bolted directly over the plastics as well. no cushions or washers.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

no cushion on mine either..just bolts right over the plastics
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Thanks guys
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

nothing quite like five versions of the same answer, eh?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Well, I guess I can be reasonably sure that I don't need cushions under my grab bar.
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

i looked at that pict you posted. and the grab bar show, as well as, the one on the bike is just behind the seat.
                    part of the bar "housing", the part where it's bolted on, IS just UNDER the seat.the rest is exposed overhanging the tail.

by the way , why do you ask?
                    << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                    KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

is anybody selling a rear grab bar?
                      2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

i have a grab rail for sale on ebay for £10 g.b.p + the shipping to you. and it does have two rubber washers between the rail and the plastics. use the link bellow if you want to see the listing on ebay.

Comment

how much is that in dollars? and how much would the shipping be to 21849?
                          2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

i would think its about $40 including the shipping.

Comment

anyone get their rear grab bar replaced as per Suzuki recall?

Comment

Working...
                              X