Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Bike painted...just looking for opinions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike painted...just looking for opinions!

Well...better than I thought it would be...but far from perfect. Basically best bang for the buck!

What do you guys/girls think?

P.S. If you REALLY like it....it is for sale!
    1997 Kat 750. Work in progress. Keep you up to date!

shiny and black...what's not to like?

p.s.- you forgot the front fender

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

on all accounts. Black is faster...what kind of paint did you use? Did you wet sand and clear?
      -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
      -My wife

Comment

looks good to me
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

black looks good......... it's a tough color to get right. (You see every sanding scratch, every piece of dust, etc. when you do black)
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Looks really great!
            2001 Suzuki Katana 600 (Stock with a pipe...For now!!!)

1990 Mustang Coupe-331 SBF with a Blowdryer on 10.5's (new at the small tire stuff...gets a little crazy)

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
              shiny and black...what's not to like?

p.s.- you forgot the front fender
              Yeah...couldn't get that dang fender off...so my plan was to paint and clear with it on the bike....then I got so excited when the rest was all finished...I forgot about it. By the way, it is actually black and metallic maroon. The red kinda fades up from the belly pan. Thanks for all the comments!

Originally posted by izzy View Post
              on all accounts. Black is faster...what kind of paint did you use? Did you wet sand and clear?
              I used the same spray everyone else uses...and I am drawing a blank all of a sudden..... Duplicolor...I think....Autozone!

I wet sanded all the plastic first, then fill primed then painted. No more sanding after roughing the plastic. The clear I had sprayed at an autobody. Friends dad owns it....cost me $30 to have cleared!!! Made a huge difference, yes I could see more of the gouges and scratches, but also really made the mettalics of the maroon come out!
              Last edited by lindelium18; 09-21-2008, 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It looks great, I like the fade. Did you do it yourself? If so, how did you do the fade? Lastly, get the front fender. I know they are a pain to get off, just look at my bike, all painted except for the front fender and tank. That's a fall/winter project for me.
                1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
                Bone stock
                Looking to mod, Any ideas?

Comment

All I did with the fade was I left the belly pan in one piece and sprayed it black. Then I got the red/maroon out and sprayed a light coat from the bottom front corner to the top left. I did the same on the left and right fender. I would let that dry and then come back and do the same, but this time, I didn't go quite as far up on the fenders. I let dry and repeat until I wasn't spraying the fenders anymore. That was that... it didn't line up perfectly, but over all I think it turned out real well!

Comment

Once the front fender's done it's going to look great!!! Good work!!!
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Yeah those front fenders are a biotch. You have to take the front wheel off to get at 'em. Otherwise, it looks great. Gloss black is one of the toughest colors to make look good, so give yourself a big pat on the back.
                      -
                      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Looks good.
                        Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                        www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

looking good ... great transition
                          I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

that kat looks great. you should be proud of your work

Comment

Looks great!
                              Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Working...
                              X