X

Help on Paint job!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Paint job!

I'm planning a re-paint very soon and I threw together a quick photoshop of what I have in mind. Plus I was wondering if anyone had used krylon Fusion (for plastic) to paint their bike. I remember reading somewhere that it does a pretty good job. Also, I will need to fill in some scratches, not extremely deep but noticeable, what is the best thing to fill those in? (after sanding of course) The pic is of a random kat I found, so the decals that u can see won't be there.
    Attached Files

use a quality filler primer to fill in very slight scratches, if they are very deep, use body filler and sand smooth. I've never used Krylon paint. Duplicolor makes now a premixed ready to spray quart if you have a spray gun and air compressor. This is quality automotive paint.
    sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

There are template blanks somewhere... I just can't remember where.

You can get color-rite paints in spray bombs now.... if you have your heart set on using spray bombs.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

For small scratches I used Evercoats Poly-Flex. If you don't have a gun and compressor, most auto parts stores that do paint can mix ya what ever you want in a bomb. Just have to be absolutely ready to spray when they mix and load them for ya 'cause they have a window of usability and will harden in the can.
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          There are template blanks somewhere... I just can't remember where.

You can get color-rite paints in spray bombs now.... if you have your heart set on using spray bombs.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Oh! tank you for the drawings!! very helpfull! i've started sanding my 92 kat and getting ready to repaint =)
            Suzuki GSX600F 92'

Comment

Would anyone happen to have templates for a post Kat?? That would be a sweet tool for messing around with schemes etc ..
              2008 ZZR 600 (His)
              Black
              Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
              Red
              Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by Electrical_Tech View Post
                Would anyone happen to have templates for a post Kat?? That would be a sweet tool for messing around with schemes etc ..
                without cowl:

With cowl:

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I just recently painted my bike with the Krylon Fusion paint. It came out pretty good. Just be careful on the tank cause the clear doesn't seem to do it's job. I already got a splash of gas on it and it seems to leave a mark.
                  1995 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

There is no need to use Krylon Fusion on the plastics. These are not flexable plastics and the Krylon paints are fiarly low quality...
                    Just spray it with a good filler primer then use a high quality lacqure paint and clear like Dupli-color.
                    Lacqure paints are much easier to get a perfect finish and the color options are HUGE compared to rust paints or fusion paints.

FWIW there are no spray paint clear coats that are gas resistant.. you need a 2 part automotive clear for that.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                      without cowl:

With cowl:

How about +03 with the new tail and front fender???
                      myspace
                      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

FWIW there are no spray paint clear coats that are gas resistant.. you need a 2 part automotive clear for that.[/quote]

Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                        X