No announcement yet.
X

painting bike this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really good.. Makes me want to do the same this winter - or maybe the next.. Looking forward to the next update - keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by HotWheel View Post
      what # of sandpaper did you use to take off the original red paint
      400 at first then 600 to smooth out

Comment

forgot to say above when sanding i was wet sanding makes it alot smoother and easier on the hands

Comment

unfortunately we did not finish it this weekend. prep work took a bit longer then expected but it will be done soon

Comment

finally got to putting the paint on this weekend. will be posting pics later today of the finished product

Comment

alright finally got some pics. i apologize for the low quality due to it being at night and with a camera phone. camera battery was dead. will post better quality up soon but here it is.

Before

AFTER

my brother and i did everything from bodywork which included plastic welding and bondo work wet sanding all the way to painting we still have to polish it and put a clear coat on it didn't have enough time to do it this weekend so we'll clear coat it this coming weekend. over all turned out pretty nice. have to say i like the silver better then the red
              Last edited by gumby1220; 09-07-2008, 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Looks great! Make sure you don't polish it until the clear coat has had the proper time to cure.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
                  Looks great! Make sure you don't polish it until the clear coat has had the proper time to cure.
                  you can look for a product called farecla G4. It is good for fresh paint.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

might not get to clear coat it this weekend due to the hurricane but we'll see. hopefully its not too bad to where i can open the garage door a bit with no moistier getting in.

Comment

I used a 3m polish, worked really well also. I bet I still have the bottle down in the garage in Bama too.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Perfect color

Comment

Nice lookin' pre!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
                            Nice lookin' pre!!!!!!
                            thanks bro have to say it took alot of work to make it look that way. i wish i had before pictures of the damage to the plastics the previous owner had done to them. i plan on doing alot more here in the near future also. check out my garage to see up comeing work

Originally posted by XKillerEliteX View Post
                            Perfect color
                            yeah i thought it would look good with the red rims. by the way i love the color of your bike
                            Last edited by gumby1220; 09-14-2008, 12:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by gumby1220 View Post
                              thanks bro have to say it took alot of work to make it look that way. i wish i had before pictures of the damage to the plastics the previous owner had done to them. i plan on doing alot more here in the near future also. check out my garage to see up comeing work

yeah i thought it would look good with the red rims. by the way i love the color of your bike
                              Its actually stock Metallic Flint Grey

Comment

Originally posted by XKillerEliteX View Post
                                Its actually stock Metallic Flint Grey
                                ahh close enough

Comment

Working...
                                X