X

Busa Swingarm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busa Swingarm

Anyone know the mounting specs of the Busa Swingarm compared to a 98+ Kat swingarm, and if the shock mounts in the same general area?

Maybe some pics to compare?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Th busa arm is a little wider at the pivot point if memory serves me correctly, that wont be the main problem in fitting it the top brace is going to hit your rear footrest hangers & possably the battery box too

I'm not saying it cant be fitted cos it can but expect to have to hack large bits off your bike & maybe reweld shock mounts if you use the busa linkage & shock
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
      Th busa arm is a little wider at the pivot point if memory serves me correctly, that wont be the main problem in fitting it the top brace is going to hit your rear footrest hangers & possably the battery box too

I'm not saying it cant be fitted cos it can but expect to have to hack large bits off your bike & maybe reweld shock mounts if you use the busa linkage & shock

Hmmm... That may not be such a big issue. Also playing with the idea of putting a Hayabua rear subframe and plastics on.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

shock will mount but the battery box will have to be turned around do to the piggie back reservoir.
        I have the links and knuckle if you want them!
        as for the swingarm, there will be some modifications that will have to be made(spacers). the pivot shaft of the katana is smaller than the pivot shaft of the busa.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

no measurements, but I'll keep searching.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
            shock will mount but the battery box will have to be turned around do to the piggie back reservoir.
            I have the links and knuckle if you want them!
            as for the swingarm, there will be some modifications that will have to be made(spacers). the pivot shaft of the katana is smaller than the pivot shaft of the busa.

I just may.

I am planning on making a trip down to Bama maybe around August to pick up the bike, so it wouldn't be till winter until I started this project.

Thom, did you switch to a busa swingarm?

Originally posted by chinto View Post
            no measurements, but I'll keep searching.

Thanks for those pics. I like the look of that chrome too!!!!
            Last edited by SweetLou; 08-23-2008, 03:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
            X