X

94 Katana GRIPS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Katana GRIPS

I was just thinking of putting on some grips to my 94 katana and i was reading a bit it could be hard on this bike. Does anyone know of any grips that worked especially well? Is it true that not any 7/8 grips will work? Pictures would be pretty cool.

Thanks,
    nick

I am in the same boat with my 96. I need a pair of wussy grips. I love the Kat but man it hurts my hands after a while. Hopefully you get some info. Take care.

Comment

I went to the Suzuki dealer and got foam ones for about $25.......they installed them on the spot in about 5 minutes and gave me back my stock ones.....so it can't be that hard. The best advice I got on this forum...and I wish to thank the poster.....was to let your abdomen hold you up, knees in, and release the "death grip"......it's made a big difference.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Look for some gel grips and you will need the open ended version so you can still use the bar ends.

I have these grips http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chap...EABEA55763CB5F but with the open end.

Tmod
        Last edited by Tmod; 08-19-2008, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
          Look for some gel grips and you will need the open ended version so you can still use the bar ends.
          I ended up getting some gel grips and just cut a hole in the end of them to get them on the Kat. They went on easily and look fine. Just make sure you've got good clearance on the throttle side since jamming up on the bar end would be a very bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            The best advice I got on this forum...and I wish to thank the poster.....was to let your abdomen hold you up, knees in, and release the "death grip"......it's made a big difference.
            Good advice and it works too!
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Noob question but do these just stay on or is there some sort of adhesive that you use? I've never changed out grips before but I'd like to try some of those pro-grip gel grips.
              1997 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Some use hair spray some use paint and some use grip glue, I am sure you will hear many different methods to gluing these on. I just bought some grip glue as it was like $2.00.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  I went to the Suzuki dealer and got foam ones for about $25.......they installed them on the spot in about 5 minutes and gave me back my stock ones.....so it can't be that hard. The best advice I got on this forum...and I wish to thank the poster.....was to let your abdomen hold you up, knees in, and release the "death grip"......it's made a big difference.
                  Yea, makes sense. I am guessing that is what I am doing "death grip" All of the bikes that I owned in the past were more of an upright position. (Nighthawks and such) I will get a pair of those foams or jellys though. Thanks to all. Man what a great fourm.
                  Last edited by mrwhipper; 08-20-2008, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stingerbtry View Post
                    Noob question but do these just stay on or is there some sort of adhesive that you use? I've never changed out grips before but I'd like to try some of those pro-grip gel grips.
                    I just used rubbing alcohol to 'lube' up the bars first and they slid on pretty easily. The alcohol will evaporate (takes a while since it's covered up now, so do NOT try to use them for a while - 30 mins? overnight if you can) and they shouldn't move at all. I didn't use any adhesive at all and mine haven't budged.

Comment

I got a pair of ProGrip 719's from my dealer for $12. Cut the old ones off and twisted the new ones on without using any aides. I'd wear some gloves though or you may get some blisters. The throttle side grip is a tad bit too short but it doesn't bother me any. As for the comfort, they are infinitely better than the stock ones I had.

Comment

I squirt a little windex on the bars and they slide right on and the water will dry. I've never used any glues or adhesive and I've done prob around 15 bikes that way.

Comment

I use seal all to glue my grips on

I have progrip 717 superbike gel grips on my 98
                          The only thing I do is using a hot knife cut the ends out like the oem grips for the bar ends. In order for the weights to do thier job they need to be metal on metal. Other then that no modifications needed.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                          X