X

risers needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• risers needed

I have a 98 600 and am looking everywhere for some risers. I have found a couple companies, but the prices average around 300. Is there a low cost alternative besides changing over to a 750 system? Has anyone made or had machined their own risers? I like the bike alot but long rides are killing my shoulder, neck and back regardless of my riding position. I may have to sell and go with the SV.

You didn't search. You know how I know? Third one down: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ighlight=riser. Amazing how a search function works.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Whoops! My bad! I did a search in this forum...I guess I should have searched all forums from the home page.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
        You didn't search. You know how I know? Third one down: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ighlight=riser. Amazing how a search function works.

Worth the investment. I installed them and love them. Another member - not so much and was selling them on the same thread I think.

Nick is a great guy too!
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if an inch of rise would make that much of a difference in posture.

Comment

I am 5'8" and heavy set so the 1" meant far more comfort and that aching feeling in the lower back is gone. Amazing what 1" will do for you...ask any woman
            R.I.P. Marc

Comment

I have finished a prototype of a riser which is 2.5" . It can swivel so that you can bring your bars up and back towards your seat, or be a straight 2.5" taller. I have had it on my bike now for almost a week and it seems to be great so far. it does require a little bit longer brake cable from the master cylinder to the junction just below the bars and also needs a little longer clutch cable ( I am trying a 650 Vstrom one tomorrow). But so far I am happy with the design and will look at having them made if anyone is interested. Pricing is still to be determined. If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dcyna View Post
                I have finished a prototype of a riser which is 2.5" . It can swivel so that you can bring your bars up and back towards your seat, or be a straight 2.5" taller. I have had it on my bike now for almost a week and it seems to be great so far. it does require a little bit longer brake cable from the master cylinder to the junction just below the bars and also needs a little longer clutch cable ( I am trying a 650 Vstrom one tomorrow). But so far I am happy with the design and will look at having them made if anyone is interested. Pricing is still to be determined. If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]
                Hey Dave, 750 or 600?
                R.I.P. Marc

Comment

I was looking to get some sort of risers myself and was pondering if the Bandit 600's top triple tree would work. Both the Kat and the Bandit have 41mm forks, so what's in question is the fork/stem spacing. They both have the same top and bottom head bearings.

The Bandit uses regular handle bars that you can buy to taylor yourself.

But, I was able to snag some used Convertibars on ebay, so I'm happy.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                    I was looking to get some sort of risers myself and was pondering if the Bandit 600's top triple tree would work. Both the Kat and the Bandit have 41mm forks, so what's in question is the fork/stem spacing. They both have the same top and bottom head bearings.

The Bandit uses regular handle bars that you can buy to taylor yourself.

But, I was able to snag some used Convertibars on ebay, so I'm happy.
                    I was thinking of actually buying the same type of rises a bandit has and then just drilling and tapping them top triple and attaching them. As long as it holds up and doesn't strip out, it should work. However, I have a set of 750 triples that I still need to find out if they fit. I have no idea what year they are.
                    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                    -Terence

Comment

should work on both i think... i'm going to try and get a photo to post. '

Comment

here are photos of the risers I have prototyped so far. They were made from a block of aluminum and have a post which slips into the handlebar clip and a hole exactly 2.5" center to center for the handlebar to be relocated in. The riser can rotate to come further back or sit straighter up or anywhere inbetween.

Everyone please let me know what you think. I am 5'6" and my back is almost straight now, no more back pain. If I get some interest I will look at getting a few dozen made.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks nice dcyna.

Tmod

Comment

Just found this thread. Those look awesome! I had something similar by Telefix on a previous bike and loved them. How much would you have to charge for a pair?
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                              X