X

Wheel paint question....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel paint question....

I have asked this and I know it has been asked and talked about a few other times....

But today I go to get my paint and the duplicolor wheel black is flat... I called them and they are lost to now since there site reads Satin...

So please, post what brand and finish you bought (primer, brand. etc)

I was going to get a high heat primer and then a semi gloss VHT or duplicolor paint... I don't want a flat look I want some shine.... any and all help would be great since the bike is on stands and the wheels are about to get preped......3

I am doing these in black...

Well after I posted I found this on the web.... I like the look and think I will go this way... what do yall think....
    Last edited by Wiland; 06-12-2008, 10:34 AM.

I like them. I just did my wheels with duplicolor paint and clear but they dont have any miles on them yet so not sure how they will hold up. I would encourage wiping down with acetone, it really strips off the old paint products and promotes good adhesion. If I have to redo I will use engine enamel, it definitely sets harder.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

yep I am got the low gloss engine enamel and engine enamel primer but I bought the duplicolor wheel clear....so wish me luck it will all happen tonight and tomorrow.... I will post before and after pics...

Comment

Working...
      X