X

Paint Matching Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Matching Question

So I just recently layed my bike down and scuffed the one fairing up pretty bad. I bought it with a non-stock paint job on it, and would describe it as a high gloss jet black paint... So I basically just want to sand and paint the one fairing, and possibly have to bondo a couple of the gouges. My question: what's the best way for me to get a spray paint that will match the color of the rest of the bike...I've heard there are stores that have a machine that can like...read the color of something and then make a spray from it...is this true? Or is there a better way for me to go with this.

Thanks guys

Yes, their exists laser scanning machine capable of determining the color of the paint, however if it was a multi-layer paint job the match color could come out looking much different.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thanks for the reply steves. Think I have no choice but to try my luck on this...doesn't have to be a dead on match, and I don't have the ambition to paint the whole bike over, so I think this will be my first body work experience

Comment

Working...
      X