X

Smoked taillights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked taillights

Since my bike is yellow, i think i am shooting for a black and yellow theme. this leads me to want to change my orange fron tunr signals. i know you can buy smoked ones already, but i was going to use that spray on tint, (i think its called nightshades and a lot of people use it for cars). has anyone used this stuff before, and if so are there pics? just did some searching and cant really find anything.

I used it on my taillight. At first I did two layers on the top part ( that no light shines out of) and one on the actualy light lense part, but then I went back and took it off the lens, and left it on the top.

You can see how dark only two layers is on the top. I took the other one layer off because I was worried about people not seeing me well enough as it is already.

Comment

oh ok. yeah i forgot about my taillight to. i might try that as well the same way you did. could you send me the picture or try to upload it again cause it didnt load for me. [email protected] if you dont mind. so over all you liked it then? also did you ever get stopped by the cops for that?
      thanks

Comment

Haven't been stopped about it, but the part that is tinted is not illuminated.
        You can go to my photobucket here:
        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

ahh ok, it worked now for somereason. thanks. looks awesome by the .way

Comment

Originally posted by nd22121 View Post
            Since my bike is yellow, i think i am shooting for a black and yellow theme. this leads me to want to change my orange fron tunr signals. i know you can buy smoked ones already, but i was going to use that spray on tint, (i think its called nightshades and a lot of people use it for cars). has anyone used this stuff before, and if so are there pics? just did some searching and cant really find anything.
            Where do you get the smoked ones? clear alternatives? I thought they only had the front in smoked.
            1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Clear Alternative smoked on mine.

Bike is sold

Comment

no i have seen front and rear brake light smoked from clear alternatives. i would buy them but they are expensive, and i think i could get the same look by using the nightshades spray for a lot less.

Comment

I have nightshades on my truck, i dig it. i've been pulled over ALOT (no front plate, tinted windows, exhaust) and they (cops) have never said a word about it. it looks really good w/a layer of clear coat over it. but i dunno if i'd put that on my bike man, cages dont see us enough as it is.
                  '90 Katana 600

Comment

i just did the smoked modification to my '04 kat just last weekend because i'm goin fot the black and yellow theme as well...i smoked the orange turn signals and the rear tailight & it turned out great! if you want more info just pm me
                    Just Another Day in Paradise

Comment

i got the clear alternatives, front and rear... no problems so far

Comment

Tried both nightshades and rustoleums product. Rustoleaum is a gray black and nightshades is black black.

Comment

Working...
                        X