X

Touch-up paint...WOW$$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch-up paint...WOW$$

Are you kidding me....50 bucks for some touchup from Colorite.... wow my 30k car has touchup at the dealership for 10 bucks a bottle.... has anyone went to a dealership and matched a car touch bottle to your bike.... I think I will go to the suzuki and honda car dealership and see what I can find.... anyone got some info without colorite....

Have you been to Autozone or Kellys?

Comment

This is so crazy it might just work!? try asking your girlfriend to find some nail polish the same colour. Lets face it, chicks are better at matching stuff than we are, it is enamel also, I'm sure a light wet sanding and wax would fix it right up.
      sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

take a part in to a paintshop and have it scanned. for the price of color-rites outrageous stuff, you can get a pint of enamel.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Man I say this about every post and touch up paint.

Go to a body shop and they will take a pic with their "special" camera and mix some up. Should be like $10 max for like 50 ml container.

Comment

I know your pain, I just used the better part of a rattle can from Color Rite to paint my butchered version of a seat cowling. I am thinking of working over the entire bike, and adding flames around the front, but the cost in Color Rite may get a bit high.
            Last edited by Ronin6017; 06-02-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                Thanks Arsenic, better prices there. That combined with some Mirage from Dupli-Color and I may have a painting project to try.

Comment

Working...
                X