X

Hmm wondering what to do.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm wondering what to do.

Well I was debating with myself as to what to do with my right fairing. It looks beat up but idk wheather I should just leave it that way or go out and fix it. I was thinking that it was a bit much to be a "battle scar"

You only have a few options:

Sticker it.
    repair and repaint yourself.
    have someone else repair and repaint.
    buy a new fairing (which will probably need a repaint).
    Use this as an opportunity to mod the heck out of your bike in the winter.
    turn your bike into a naked bike.
    sell the bike.
    live with it.

just my 2 pennies
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

What kind of stickers would cover that up? I think thats the best way to go. It doesnt have any stickers yet.

Comment

Originally posted by numtwo View Post
        What kind of stickers would cover that up? I think thats the best way to go. It doesnt have any stickers yet.
        Look for one of those big @$$ GSX-F stickers or raised Katana stickers that some on here may still sell.

Yosh stickers usually look good too. You can get 'em on fleabay.
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

get it fixed dude
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

My red 2006 750 looked almost exactly like that after a 65 mph bail, only my turn indicator shattered. I took the fairing off, took a Dremel tool and cut/ground off/out all the scratched places (mine was even worse than yours) and then took chrome wire mesh and glued it (after shaping it to fit the contours---this was easy) with hot glue to the underside of the fairing.

I did that originally as a temporary fix until I got the replacement fairing, but it looked so good and I received so many compliments on it, that I kept it that way and am thinking about modding the other side (at the suggestion of several people).

The total job was $88, but $75 was for the turn indicator, and I had to buy them as a pair. You don't have to be an artist to do this, just try the Dremel tool on it; what do you have to lose? Enjoy...you'll be surprised.
            Last edited by zuma; 05-17-2008, 02:05 PM. Reason: pendejo typing

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

a little spray paint
              92 GSXF750
              83 nighthawk

Comment

Take off all your fairings... Sand them down with 320 grit sandpaper, real smooth. Then primer with black rattle can primer, several coats. Then sand with 600 grit paper and repaint black with rattle can glossy black. It'll look decent...
                "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I think I will sand it then spray it.

Comment

On second thought, the sanders and painters are correct. My fairing was so worn down in some places that there were holes left and I had no choice but get radical with the Dremel. Looks like sandpaper, primer, and paint will fix yours.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

It looks better than my 04 left side. Maybe we could trade, I'll send you my scratched / broken left side and you send me your good left side. Then you'll have a total rat bike, it's the latest rage you know, and I'll have a nice looking old guy bike. Of course I'll still need to paint the left side blue, to bad you didn't have a blue bike. Oh well, never mind.

Comment

Yeah theres no holes or anything. What primer would you recommend? Where could I get the EXACT color spray paint?

Originally posted by GregS View Post
                        It looks better than my 04 left side. Maybe we could trade, I'll send you my scratched / broken left side and you send me your good left side. Then you'll have a total rat bike, it's the latest rage you know, and I'll have a nice looking old guy bike. Of course I'll still need to paint the left side blue, to bad you didn't have a blue bike. Oh well, never mind.
                        Lol sorry man Ill go for the spray can method. Besides my left side got a little scratch on it now
                        Last edited by numtwo; 05-17-2008, 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Use a Filler primer, easier to work with and fix small sanding imperfections.

Comment

Yep, just regular filler primer will work. You don't need any self etching or epoxy or anything expensive like that since it's just plastic.

Sand the primer flat, then paint 3 or 4 coats, then wet sand 600 flat, paint again (3 or 4 coats) if you have any bare spots, sand flat, then spray 3 or 4 coats of clear on there and wet sand it flat with 600, then 800 then 1200. Do not sand through the clear!! Rub, buff, wax, and enjoy the super deep shine!

Only down side is that you'll want to do it to the rest of the bike too!

Comment

Working...
                            X