Replacement fairing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement fairing...

Good afternoon all.

I had a rather nasty drop on my '99 Katana 600 and partially wrecked my fairing.. Cracks and some of the fasteners got ripped out I saw this on eBay and was wondering if this would suffice as a replacement. There is an 'X' in my VIN in case you needed to know. Thanks for any advice

Any fairing from a 98 to a 07 Kat will fit yours. Shipping might kill the deal though.

Have you called any local bike wreckers?
    Kyle

Comment

I know of one that's about an hour away.. For $75 on this fairing.. I don't think it's worth looking at...

Comment

If you don't mind the looks, you can always plastic weld the cracks. It's really easy to do, and costs almost nothing, provided you have a 75watt soldering iron.
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
          If you don't mind the looks, you can always plastic weld the cracks. It's really easy to do, and costs almost nothing, provided you have a 75watt soldering iron.

Unfortunately, some of the areas fastener areas were ripped off... I think a replacement fairing is the only way to go right now...

Comment

check that sellers feed back, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. That isn't far

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              check that sellers feed back, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. That isn't far
              Really? I checked and in the last 12 month he got 5 negatives and 72 positives. Looks like some of the negatives could definitely be to lame-*** eBay buyers...

Comment

Originally posted by sleekkatanarider View Post
                Looks like some of the negatives could definitely be to lame-*** eBay buyers...
                Yeah, I say lame buyers.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

look at the stars for shipping time and shipping cost. Can't be that great if it's 4's. I can't compare his selling practices too mine but I have 2 negatives in 4 years, 5 stars across the board and way more the 72 total feed backs. So 5 negatives in 1 years, yeah, don't trust him even a little.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 05-04-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    look at the stars for shipping time and shipping cost. Can't be that great if it's 4's. I can't compare his selling practices too mine but I have 2 negatives in 4 years, 5 stars across the board and way more the 72 total feed backs. So 5 negatives in 1 years, yeah, don't trust him even a little.
                    Bummer... Yeah, his shipping isn't all that clear. Double-bummer... A new side fairing will run me about $300...

Comment

What do you guys think of this:

Fairing Option 1

Comment

that looks good

Comment

Working...
                        X