X

Warning stickers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning stickers

Ok, anyone got a foolproof way to get those two stupid warning stickers off the bike? One's on top of the tank, other's on the top of the left fairing. I hate them both and want them off, but want the paint to stay on. Any good tips? Thanks in advance.
    2005 Katana 600

I used heat, hair dryer works good or if your very careful a heat gun. Once the label is nice and warm you can get a fingernail to start it peeling then pull it carefully off. Mine came off in one piece this way. Then I just used some polishing compound to removed the adhesive stain and applied wax when finished.

Comment

i let mine sit in the sun for a bit and peeled em off... there WILL be some residue (it wont take off your paint) so get some goof-off or something like that and rub it off. Just make sure to wash the bike right after you use that stuff because if you let it sit it can eat through the gel coat... but if its left on for like 30 min it wont do anything.

good luck

Comment

I used a hair dryer to heat it up and believe it or not a wooden paint stir stick to scrape off the sticker. They usually use softwood for those things so it didn't leave the slightest mark. To get the glue residue off I used Goo Gone. Worked like a champ and got all warning stickers off in no time.
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Me personnally I was at first just using heat and fingernail. But then I took off all my stickers and that wasn't cutting it nomore. SO I did the more professional thing. I brought some 3m Woodgrain and Stripe Adhesive Remover something made for this stuff. I just don't like goof-off it some aggressive stuff. It will haze clear plastic quick.
          sigpic
          Update Jul 11 2014
          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Hair dryer and fingernail.....also a plastic butterknife LOL. OMFG it was such a *****....came off kinda like a scratch off lotto ticket, just no where's near as quick or easy. Finally after I got it off, Goo Gone was the perfect thing for the glue left over. It took so long on just that one, I'm gonna do the one on the tank another time when I feel like it. Thanks for the tips!
            2005 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
              i let mine sit in the sun for a bit and peeled em off... there WILL be some residue (it wont take off your paint) so get some goof-off or something like that and rub it off. Just make sure to wash the bike right after you use that stuff because if you let it sit it can eat through the gel coat... but if its left on for like 30 min it wont do anything.

good luck
              I did the same exact thing..I used a credit card to help scrape as much off as I could (credit card being a soft plastic), then goo-gone (goof off, and oops work too) to remove the residue.
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I used the hair dryer, wood paint stir stick, and good'ole WD40. Only took me about 15 minutes to get them all off, then since I was already at the gas tank, I used a clean rag dipped in gas to get the glue off, quick wax job and that was that.
                Last edited by baddkat; 05-05-2008, 12:24 AM. Reason: type-o
                sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Use a hair dryer or heat gun, warm it up and peel it off. It is that simple.
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

Replace them with this:

Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                    I am fond of my rough edges.
                    sigpic

Comment

the original owner of my bike painted over it did a pretty good job i may say.

Comment

Originally posted by David F C View Post
                        Replace them with this:

Thats the first time I've seen that one. Thats pretty good.
                        sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                        RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                        I Miss You Pop
                        2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                        BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

hit it with a hair dryer or heat gun an use a plastic putty knife an lightly get a spot that u can grab then pull it with your fingers with the plastic putty knife if u do scratch it it should only be a surface scratch and you can use rubbing compound (haven't messed it up yet) but be careful not to get it to hot because u run the risk of bubbling the paint, my way of doing this is keep a bare hand or finger on the plastic near the sticker so that u can feel the heat if its to hot for your had its to hot for the paint an its time to let up a little

Comment

Originally posted by David F C View Post
                            Replace them with this:

Thats great but I can't use it my bike dosen't have a 6 gear.
                            My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
                            Other bikes:
                            2 1985 CR500
                            1 1987 CR500
                            1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

i already remover the warning stickers but what about the large fairing sticker (katana) and (750)
                              is this done the same way

Comment

Working...
                              X