X

Air Brush Artist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Brush Artist?

Do we have any experienced air brush artists or any connections? I got an idea for a paint design.. But I need the help of an air brush artist.

I'm thinking Erki must have a contact.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I found a guy local that does bikes.. But got feeling I may get seriously raped.. Wondering if we had any artists among us that want to perfect their skill.. I'd rather give to the community here than pay some corporation who gets 500 of them a day (highly b/s estimate lol)..

Comment

Sorry to say if you had it done at our shop it would probably cost ya more than you'd like. But maybe check out airbrush.com lots of artists on the forum there, maybe one close to ya willing to work with ya. just a thought.
        Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
        www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

I am currently having my bike done by an airbrush artist who does all of my hockey masks. Guy has some skill. Costing me around 1300 though for the bike and helmet to be painted. Not sure what you were quoted but at least my price gives you an idea.

Oh and for another 100 I might get my newest goalie mask painted to match my bike and motorcycle helmet.
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Another thing to remember is most airbrush artists have a talent and they know it so they charge accordingly. Around here theres a large range of skill for art. Just depends on what your looking for.
            www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
              Another thing to remember is most airbrush artists have a talent and they know it so they charge accordingly. Around here theres a large range of skill for art. Just depends on what your looking for.
              I'm looking for quality.. I'm not shy of price.. My idea is still vague.. I'm thinking of repainting the bike (need to fix some pieces) with the top black still but the lower park Gun Metal Gray. Then doing some sort of "Storm" with lightning type work coming from the front fairings back..

Just ideas..

Comment

THis is the unmodified pic to give you an idea of what I am having done. I made some changes to it though....

I am a Penn State fanatic.
                Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I thought the Austin area was lousy with airbrush artists? Have you checked the Tattoo parlors? A lot of Tattooers I know also do airbrush. I haven't been in Austin in 18 months but I would ask at Atomic or there was one on the I35 South frontage road north of Burnet. (forget the name but the owner rides..) These days Tattoo artists go to art school (thank god!) so they might have done air brush work.

Comment

+1 Lots of talented tatooers out there. Sounds like a cool idea too.
                    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

yes, like tattoo artist, airbrush artist charge according to talent!

I have heard about both types are basically one in the same.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I'm not concerned with Price... Maybe I should have made that clear.. Then I'm not saying I'll pay $3000 on a airbrush job unless its worth it and the quality is there to justify that. I want quality but also someone who can take the thoughts in my head and come up with something that matches it. I'm no artist by far, I can't say ok I want this this and this.. I need someone who can translate.

Thats why I was asking here..

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                          I want quality but also someone who can take the thoughts in my head and come up with something that matches it. I'm no artist by far, I can't say ok I want this this and this.. I need someone who can translate.

Still sounds like a tattoo artist to me..

Comment

I did have a guy that does airbrush and he charges $1000 to do a helmet. So I would have to say $3000 for a whole bike would be about right!
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                              I did have a guy that does airbrush and he charges $1000 to do a helmet.

Thats crazy....haha squid move....$50 Helmet with a $1000 Paint job on it lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X