• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats awesome looking, good job
    this is the best icon eva

Comment

I did this.. works and looks great thanks guys

Comment

Just out of curiousity; where are the majority of you getting your ninja windscreens from? Scrapyards, zero gravity, lockhardt phillips etc? Just curious as I will be doing this mod soon enough.

Comment

ebay... brand new for $40

Comment

sweet thanks. I am going to do this and the mesh mod at the same time.

Comment

parts 411 - lockhart phillips around $45
              -2000 "750"

Comment

cheriff, I noticed that you aren't showing the holes that are visable on the original post and i was just wondering if you cut your windscreen shorter or what steps you took differently.

Comment

I love this bike :

Comment

Sorry didn't notice a question was asked until now..

No, my holes are there. Maybe the dark tinted screen helps hide them . I am very sensitive to details and frankly these holes don't really bother me. For example: when I put my bike back together last spring I used two/three different grit levels of sand paper with polishing compound on every stainless bolt I put back into the bike and yet these holes don't concern me. I always thought I would find two small round stickers to place over the holes, but the need never arised.

---------------
                    Here is my addition to this thread

Last edited by Cheriff; 12-01-2009, 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

Very nice. Low cost mods are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                        Sorry didn't notice a question was asked until now..

No, my holes are there. Maybe the dark tinted screen helps hide them . I am very sensitive to details and frankly these holes don't really bother me. For example: when I put my bike back together last spring I used two/three different grit levels of sand paper with polishing compound on every stainless bolt I put back into the bike and yet these holes don't concern me. I always thought I would find two small round stickers to place over the holes, but the need never arised.

---------------
                        Here is my addition to this thread
                        Nice looking kat, almost miss mine!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seabass10369 View Post
                          Nice looking kat, almost miss mine!
                          +1 I have never been a fan of the tubby post 98 models but DAMN, Cheriff that is a freaking gorgeous bike. You put in a lot of heart and soul and it definitely shows.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks guys.

One word of advice when doing this mod is as follows: When attaching the bottom/center hole of the windshield to the bike, the best thing you can do to avoid the "gap" that is mentioned in the previous posts is to use a screw/bolt with a low profile head. Don't use a cap screw or pan head, ect.. instead use something with a lower profile such as a flat head screw.

That means one like this:
                            Last edited by Cheriff; 12-02-2009, 02:45 PM.
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

I am anal , I did put stickers over the holes LOL

sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

mmmm... ohlins
                                -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                                X