No announcement yet.
X

98+ Race Windscreen *LOTSA PICS*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that the turbulent air off the windscreen hits me in the chest rather than in the helmet. On mine ther is little buffeting around the helmet just clean airflow. Admittedly there is little wind protection up high but I prefer the clear airflow to buffeting around the head and shoulders. Mind you the dynamics of mine are pretty different compared to stock due to the other mods I've done.

Joe
    If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Comment

i find that i get buffetting at speeds above 80 at which point i usually lower my body/shift my riding position and stop the problem... p.s. i dont want to here any no need to go over 65 bs
      sigpic

Comment

you won't hear it from me.

Joe
        If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Comment

i find its really not that bad though its just another quirk of the bike you learn to live with and adjust to
          sigpic

Comment

i liked this mod so much i ordered one today for mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Dahero View Post
              ... This is where we're going to have to resort to zip ties since Kawasaki didn't leave us enough material to work with...
              Uh, excuse me, but Kawi left you LOTS of material to work with- YOU cut most of it off! :mrgreen:

Good idea and good write up, really.
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Thanks, Joe I did the mod today and I think it looks sweet. True about the wind but I can deal w/ that unless I go on a long trip and want more wind protection, but for just rippin around town I can deal w/ it. Didn't take long @ all . I will post some pics soon !
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Originally posted by waveman View Post
                  Thanks, Joe I did the mod today and I think it looks sweet. True about the wind but I can deal w/ that unless I go on a long trip and want more wind protection, but for just rippin around town I can deal w/ it. Didn't take long @ all . I will post some pics soon !
                  Please do post pics. I still not sure about this mod. I want more pics and see what people did different and What I think looks best. So I can copy.

Thanks
                  sigpic
                  Update Jul 11 2014
                  Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

i did this mod over the weekend(painted inside black) and i got a lot of compliments. it makes the kat look a lot sportier. i will post some pics in the next few days.
                    BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a ****ed off feline cat with it's ears back! Very nice!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

very nice, i painted my windscreen a while back, tried to get the paint off and that ate away most of the plastic...ughh
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by edub View Post
                          i did this mod over the weekend(painted inside black) and i got a lot of compliments. it makes the kat look a lot sportier. i will post some pics in the next few days.
                          here ya go
                          Attached Files
                          BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by edub View Post
                            here ya go
                            Damn I love it I can't wait to get back so I can do this.
                            sigpic
                            Update Jul 11 2014
                            Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Looks good

I did something similar with a 92 ZX6. I couldn't find a windscreen that I liked so I fabbed one from a gixxer windscreen.

Comment

I did this !

I ride with a buddy who pushes an R6. After this mod . Side by side the Kat looks real sporty. :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                                X