X

94 katana 600 front fender removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 katana 600 front fender removal

I took all the plastics off my bike to get them repaired and sprayed. However, I went to take off the front fender but the small black allen head bolts just spin. I still have the tire on, and don't really want to take it off. Is there a trick to getting the fender off without removing the front tire? Or does someone have an extra front fender they want to give me? I will pay for the shipping to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jim
    1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
    Bone stock
    Looking to mod, Any ideas?

I believe there is a nut on the under side of the fender, you can't get to it without removing the wheel.

Comment

Thanks, that sucks, but thanks
      1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
      Bone stock
      Looking to mod, Any ideas?

Comment

i think you might be able to get it off with your tire still on.

also you might be able to hole the nut with your fingers and get them off i got 3 out of 4 off that way with mine then i used vicegrips for the last one

Comment

I've never been able to get the front fender off with the tire still on, but if you can more power to you.

Comment

It's a 5/16 or 8mm nut. You can try to get a small wrench up in there to hold the nut. Much easier with the wheel off.

Comment

I took it off and put it back on with the front wheel on but it's a pain in the butt

Comment

I've never done it with the wheel off. I always undo the brace from the forks, then slide my hand up there with an 8mm open end wrench.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                X