X

Brand new from japan Suzuki Fairing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new from japan Suzuki Fairing

Paid $500 for a brand new candy blue left side fairing.
    Take it out of the box and it has the yellow and silver stripes and the silver "katana" on the side. This ****es me off because:
    1. My bike does not have these decals and I don't like them
    2. If I wanted them they would have charges me $50-$100 bucks for them.

So I came home and warmed the fairing up and removed the stickers and the came off no problem but I do have the glue residue on them.
    How do I remove that? Obviously I do not want to hurt the paint.
    Oh and another thing they did not put the stickers for the petcock,
    the on res prime ones and the dude and Suzuki didn't know how to order them.
    I have taken the oppurtunity to put on clear alternative signals, but I am not too happy with the fit.
    anyone else have similar problems and maybe can offer some advice?/

Goo Gone will remove that residue. You can buy it at any Walmart, hardware store or a Lowes or Home Depot.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

This is what I used to get the adhesive off. It did not scratch it and actually gave it a nice shine.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
        Goo Gone will remove that residue. You can buy it at any Walmart, hardware store or a Lowes or Home Depot.
        No worries on the paint?

Comment

Originally posted by KATU View Post
          No worries on the paint?

Not with that link I gave. Auto Zone stocks it. It is good for removing gunk and grease from your rims and swingarm too.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

my '01 had those same stripes. i took them off with hairdryer. to get the residue, i tried goo gone, and it worked somewhat, but the residue under the stripes seemed really thick.

then i turned to goof off. much stronger chemical, but it didn't hurt the paint at all and worked much quicker. i would let that sit on there and soften the residue, then i used a 1" wide plastic spreader, and it came right off.

Comment

that thing works like a dream.
              We carry the best selection of auto body tools, shop supplies, car paint, & car lifts for any garage. Call today for all your body shop needs!

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post

man, i wish i had seen that. after i got blisters on both thumbs and two fingers, i tried different sponge gaskets to try and rub the residue off, but they were all too porous...

Comment

Working...
                X