X

Installed undertail, hugger and levers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed undertail, hugger and levers

View from behind with the new Artfibras undertail and hugger installed.
    The hugger looks like ****. It was kinda tilted to the left when i got it... But i thought it would go away when i installed it. I was wrong... I have no idea of what i'm going to do... I'm open for suggestions.

Black levers... Not much to say... Easy to install... Huge difference.

Dark windscreen... Old mod... But you can see me in the fairing... :mrgreen: *edit, and you can see the cowl through the windscreen... Just noticed.

*edit uploaded pictures of hugger...

Last edited by MiloDK; 01-20-2008, 02:52 PM.

can you get a better picture of what you are describing with the hugger?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

done.. just added some pics above.

Comment

Take it off and bend it back. It's metal, isn't it?

Comment

Is it fibreglass or plastic? If its plastic you may be able to warm it up a bit and then tweak it a little. Just a thought.
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

redrill or enlarge (kinda oval them out) the holes on the right side and slide it forward some, it should straighten out, thankfully you have that big plastic brake line cover to hide the holes, huh?

by the way...i had to do the same with mine

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
              redrill or enlarge (kinda oval them out) the holes on the right side and slide it forward some, it should straighten out, thankfully you have that big plastic brake line cover to hide the holes, huh?

by the way...i had to do the same with mine
              First of all... We are talking about the holes in the hugger right... ?

second... I have 2 holes on the left side of the hugger, the side that has the chain-guard. And on the right side of the hugger, i have 1 hole that mounts to a hole in the swingarm. Is it this one that i have to oval out?

.stefan

Comment

1. yes, the holes in the hugger

2. i had to drill two holes in that flat plate on the right as well, mine has the bolt hole, and a hole for a guide pin under that plastic piece for the brake line. Enlarge the hole(s) on that flat plate under that plastic piece to allow the hugger to slide forward. (Meaning you would have to make the holes extend towards the rear of that plate.)

Comment

Looks awesome

Originally posted by MiloDK View Post

View from behind with the new Artfibras undertail and hugger installed.
                  The hugger looks like ****. It was kinda tilted to the left when i got it... But i thought it would go away when i installed it. I was wrong... I have no idea of what i'm going to do... I'm open for suggestions.

Black levers... Not much to say... Easy to install... Huge difference.

Dark windscreen... Old mod... But you can see me in the fairing... :mrgreen: *edit, and you can see the cowl through the windscreen... Just noticed.
                  Love the undertail!i

*edit uploaded pictures of hugger...

Love the undertail

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                    1. yes, the holes in the hugger

2. i had to drill two holes in that flat plate on the right as well, mine has the bolt hole, and a hole for a guide pin under that plastic piece for the brake line. Enlarge the hole(s) on that flat plate under that plastic piece to allow the hugger to slide forward. (Meaning you would have to make the holes extend towards the rear of that plate.)
                    Roger!

I'll let you know how it works out...

I have to install my Cheese bracket as well when i get my LED blinkers.

Originally posted by KATU View Post
                    Love the undertail
                    not my paint-hugger?
                    Last edited by MiloDK; 01-21-2008, 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Looking very nice! I was going to say, maybe some washers on the right side of the fasteners (under the hugger) would help offset that cant of the hugger.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

um i think your undertail is installed wrong it should tuck up under the rear side cowls not just under thats why there is a gap there...??? or no...

Comment

Originally posted by turbopseidon View Post
                          um i think your undertail is installed wrong it should tuck up under the rear side cowls not just under thats why there is a gap there...??? or no...
                          wow, i didn't notice that earlier, he is right. Milo, the undertail tucks into the fairing, that's why it has the raised section to tuck in and be flush with the fairing when installed. That's the thing with black, hard to see stuff sometimes. Good call turboposeidon

Comment

Originally posted by turbopseidon View Post

Eagle eyes!
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                              Eagle eyes!
                              LOL

When i lined it up, and drilled the holes, i did it the right way... haha... But when i installed it i must have been sleeping...

Oh well, should be an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X