No announcement yet.
X

Does this fit right?? I dont think so.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it made its way to my folks place since i didnt feel like asking to ship to canada. then they put it on the bus with some other stuff for me. Well the other stuff has come but still waiting for the box with the cowl. hopefully the next day or two.
    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

The surface doesn't seem smooth? Is it just an optical illusion or?

Is it primed and ready for paint?

I paid $200 for mine too... It's all i want for christmas...

Comment

If it ain't a braada cowl, it was trash before you started, and judging bu the quality I see in those pics it ain't a Braada..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
          If it ain't a braada cowl, it was trash before you started, and judging bu the quality I see in those pics it ain't a Braada..

That edge against the seat looks horrible. You definitely didn't get a Braada cowl. I don't own one, but I can't imagine that Jim would send one out that looks like that.
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

Wow, that's just bad. I saw how well the Braada's fit the kat seats at the rally, and that piece definitely isn't anything even half as good of quality of the Braada. Sorry fellas, but this guy seems to have pulled one over on y'all. $200? For real? Did the listing say what it was made from? Give any warranty? Did any of the paperwork say that trimming may be required? I would email the guy all of those pictures and see what he is going to do for you about it. Don't hold your breath by any means, but maybe he has some common decency to offer a replacement since it's already cracking.

I hope others who were thinking about buying one of these knock off's thinks twice about it now....

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

well i probably would of got a braada but after reading a lot of stuff on here it seems they are next to impossible to get now.
              Last edited by Erki; 12-21-2007, 09:34 AM. Reason: I cant spell
              Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Looks to me that it just wasn't trimmed right. It shouldn't have cracked but I think it did because of the poor trimming and you forcing it down on the seat. (not like I'm blaming you) I think a little careful trimming will make it fit, and repairing that crack since it's fiberglas is going to be easy.

Comment

I sent those pictures to the seller and he said that even braada cowls fit like that you just have to really force them on then get something to hold it down tight...he also said that he will send me a different one if i send him this one back but i dunno if i can trust that. Or he will send me the second one for 50 dollars.
                  www.myspace.com/BigBadAl16

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadAl16 View Post
                    I sent those pictures to the seller and he said that even braada cowls fit like that you just have to really force them on then get something to hold it down tight...he also said that he will send me a different one if i send him this one back but i dunno if i can trust that. Or he will send me the second one for 50 dollars.
                    Well at least he is responding to his emails.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                      Well at least he is responding to his emails.
                      that's been a big issue too... Me and BigAl pm'ed each other alot in here about our frustrations with this guy... 1½ weeks after the money had been withdrawn fom my account, he had not sent me 1 email about anything. And did not respond to my emails.

I still haven't got mine, but it's prolly because i live 10000 miles from the US... But if/when i get it.. i'm probably gonna give him a negative score on ebay.

Still, i don't mind i if need to trim the cowl and stuff. I'm pretty handy, so if i can just get the basic cowl/mold, i'll be happy.

>big al, i think he's sincere when he tells you that he will send a new one. He can fix that crack in minutes, and as long as you pay for shipping, i don't see why he would cheat you.

All i need now, is for artfibras to respond... 15 days since the payment cleared, and not 1 email.

Internet shopping outside Denmark is SO frustrating... D
                      Last edited by MiloDK; 12-21-2007, 01:53 PM. Reason: missed a line.

Comment

Good, nice to see you got a response. I would buy the second for $50, fix the crack on the other and slap it on ebay and make some extra $$...

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                          Good, nice to see you got a response. I would buy the second for $50, fix the crack on the other and slap it on ebay and make some extra $$...
                          +1

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

pay the $50 and I will give you $100 for the cracked one. damn it.....it's about time someone made some real quality cowls, and I guess it will have to be me. I will wait though, because I am currently in the process of designing one for the 1100 kat. however, mine will not be removable. I have 4-5 tail sections, and I am going to mold it right to the tail section so it all becomes one piece. If it turns out good and anyone else wants the same thing, my plan is to take their tail as a core exchange and ship the one with the integrated cowl. the grab bars will be gone and tail removal in order to get the seat off will be 1 screw on each side where the grab bar once was. anyhoo.....enough of that. you will see when it's done
                            Last edited by Mojoe; 12-21-2007, 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Any thought on how to fix it?
                              www.myspace.com/BigBadAl16

Comment

Any thought on how to fix it?
                                buy yourself a cheap fibreglass repair kit at any good hardware store.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X