No announcement yet.
X

Painting My bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah we got some contaminates in ours as well but we plan on repainting again next year.
    02' Katana 600
    D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

You going to repaint it the same color or change it up next time?

I just realized our paint scheme is almost mirror opposites. Yours is black/dark on top and silver on the bottom.

Comment

LOL yeah thats pretty odd. what are the chances of that. and It will prolly be differnent next year. I'm thinking about a chrome illusion or pearlescent. dunno something wild. I really like Erki's paint it's BA
        02' Katana 600
        D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Hey thanks ras. Now get your bike back together so we can see it in one piece. jk take your time.
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

hopefully we will have all the clear done by thursday. So by the week after next we should be totally done. With body work that is cause my carbs are in a bunch of pieces and I haven't ordered my fumoto yet. But I have plenty of time thanks to indiana weather we will prolly get like 7 foot of snow around spring break seems like that happens every year.
            02' Katana 600

Comment

Its all thawing here and im getting really anxious but I know once we hit march we'll probably get dumped on again.
              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

yeah My wife has almost convinced me to moving somewhere warmer
                02' Katana 600

Comment

I hear ya.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

gotta love indiana weather was like 10 yesterday and its just over 40 today then 20's to 30's tomorrow
                    02' Katana 600

Comment

I might be crazy enough to try to get in a rip next weekend if the weather is still holding out. All the roads are dry now for the most part. Ill probably just suck it up and wait another month and a half and be safe.
                      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

I would love to do that but I my tank is 40 miles away and my carbs are in pieces
                        02' Katana 600

Comment

Kinda puts things to a halt for rideability then. Oh well spring is just around the corner.
                          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

cant wait
                            02' Katana 600

Comment

Ok I got some more pix here I think my upper fairing turned out well. Got some impurities in the tank but I am just gonna go with it and hope most come out when we wet sand. Oh and the orange peel in the upper I hope it comes out when we wet sand as well.

DSC00734.JPG

DSC00735.JPG

DSC00736.JPG

Oh I do have a recommendation for anyone planing on painting there bikes for the first time Don't try black for your first time. It shows every little imperfection, I would go with a light metallic color. the silver seems to hide the fudge ups much better.
                              02' Katana 600

Comment

Dust nibs sand out fine. fish eyes and orange peel sands out too. It just takes a little longer and depends on how much clear you put on to make sure you dont burn though. You did a nice job. looking forward to seeing it done and together.
                                www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                                X