X

Definitive answer on warning decals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stickers are gone

OK, I decided to go ahead and remove the stickers. I used a hair dryer on the one on the tank, and it started to peel up nicely, but then the clear plastic layer separated from the print layer. D'oh! I had to use a fingernail to peel the rest of it off, bit by bit. Goo Gone helped with the leftover sticky stuff.

One sticker on the fairing peeled off quite neatly without help at all, but the other one separated again and needed the same treatment as the tank sticker. Lots of fingernail action and Goo Gone.

But now, it's all clean, aside from some minor scratching on the tank that I'll have to polish out.

The manual actually has reprints of the stickers, so I guess they figure that people will do this and want to keep the lawyers away.

MM

Comment

I had the same problem with my kat, I took off one on the plastic with no problem but when I went to take off the one on the tank UFFF that was a pain in the @ss. I tried with my long nails but nothing. What I ended up doing was taking a cloth and dousing it with paint thinner ( a little douse ) and walaaaaaaaa after losing my manicure the thinner took it off WALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Comment

Working...
      X