No announcement yet.
X

Putting the R6 Tail on...Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looked like an easy project. I like the seat but you may want to fiberglass a battery box cover to make it look more complete...not to change the thread but ITS that is a nice exhaust you got on the bike...
    92 GSXF750
    83 nighthawk

Comment

Ok I found this to be the hardest part. You will have to use both seats to make one. use the front section of the old Kat seat and mend, bolt, and mold it into the look you're going for. This will take care of a good fit with no space and a secure connection.

Tear open the remaining part of the kat seat and take out the connection peace that snaps the rear part of the seat in place and bolt it to the r6 seat. Then you will need to relocate the part that is connected to the bike that it snaps into so that the seat will snap right in place.

Once you are done with the hard part you will need to prefab the seat to give it a good complete look.

Pm me and i will give you my number and explain it a little better, if you like. Then we can work on all the gap space. I like to see fresh new Idea, I like it even more when the ones that boo then gives thumbs up.

Don't give up: I went thru 4 different tails before I got thumbs up on here.
      eazy1100

Comment

I want to see pictures, I have read enough!

You know like my thread
        This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Have issues with the wiring? Aren't the r6 lights leds?

Comment

Looks SWEET!!!

Comment

i like the look. nice job

Comment

i tried pming fod but i'm not sure if he comes to the boards anymore. does anyone know if this was a bolt on or if it required any welding?

Comment

I to was looking at putting the R6 or R1 rear on my Kat. If anyone has any suggestions I am willing to listen. thanks

Comment

ummmmmmmmm.......................did you read the rest of the thread? or just the first part

Comment

ummmmmmmmmmmm........I read all of it. Just curious of anyone else's mods.

Comment

pretty sweet
                        2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

Lol hopefully if anyone else has done it it looks a lot better than that...
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

for those looking for Fods..he has not visited this site since last year.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            Lol hopefully if anyone else has done it it looks a lot better than that...
                            I have to agree..with the gaps and all that, it juts looks cheap and crappy.

If I were ever to do something like that, I would spend the time to make sure everything lined up, and filled in the gaps.
                            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Does anyone know where i can find the exhaust "its not a knife" is using for a pre 750?

Last edited by eclipsespeed_1986; 11-05-2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Looks awesome! Great idea!!

Comment

Working...
                                X