No announcement yet.
X

Possible to polish tank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think I'm gonna go for it. During the procedure if I'm liking the results, I'll continue and then clear coat it. If it's not turning out so well, I'll just end up with a good surface to paint. Looks like I'm gonna stick with black with a polished tank, as soon as I make any progress, I'll get pics up. The past few weekends I've planned on pulling the fairings and tank to do this project, but I can't stop riding the thing. This coming weekend is a bike rally in San Antonio, yayaaaa. Thanks-
    '01 TL1000R

Comment

WAIT!!!

Do you have a spare tank? If so it would be worth a try and see how it looks!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Nope I don't have a spare tank. Within the next week or two I hope to start polishing on it. I'm just gonna see how shiny I can get it and I'll put the results up. Even if it has a dull metal tone I think it'll still look great, but don't worry I'll wait for opinions on here if I was to paint it.
        '01 TL1000R

Comment

good luck man. it seems like a hefty project. my advice is to make sure you get everything evenly. you don't want spots that look better than others. and take your time. riding seasons about here, but you don't want a bad looking tank either. good luck though, and do post pics
          if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I was watching an episode of Biker Buildoff last night and one guy polished the tank, looked really cool.

I forget the guys name, he was Asian, and the company was Zero Engineering
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I would really recommend getting it chromed.

Comment

He already finished polishing it check the date, post whore!
                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                X