Solo Cowl and Corbin seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Cowl and Corbin seat

Greetings all,

I just recently ordered a Corbin Gunfighter and need the hardware from a stock seat. I cannot use the one that came with my bike (2006,600) because I have a solo cowl and just plan on swapping seats. Does anyone have one for sale? Also I would like to know how to permanently attach my cowl to my stock seat to get the best fit. I have lost the original fasteners that came with the cowl. Obviously I don't care if its damaged or not under the cowl. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

lhall, I got a set of seat hardware from Special K a few months ago but do not need it anymore as I got an extra seat with hardware for passengers.

One of the hook things just needs to be spot welded and it is good to go. It is yours for free if you want it. 5 bucks should cover shipping.

Bradda or Wildkat I believe usually have those tabs laying around with the bolts and screws. If not, home depot should be able to hook you up. Just make sure they are semi flexible fasteners then with screws, screw them in under your seat on the plastic part for a secure tight fit and you are good to go.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

KatanaSoldier wrote:

lhall, I got a set of seat hardware from Special K a few months ago but do not need it anymore as I got an extra seat with hardware for passengers.

One of the hook things just needs to be spot welded and it is good to go. It is yours for free if you want it. 5 bucks should cover shipping.

Braada or Wildkat I believe usually have those tabs laying around with the bolts and screws. If not, home depot should be able to hook you up. Just make sure they are semi flexible fasteners then with screws, screw them in under your seat on the plastic part for a secure tight fit and you are good to go.

Thanks KS but I have already located the hardware I need for the seat. I did go to Home Depot and they did have the screws but not the fasteners.
      Do you or anyone else know of a something I could use as a replacement
      for those tabs?

Thanks

Comment

The tabs are just 1/4 inch aluminum dipped into a rubber coating. Lowes or Home Depot has the stuff.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by lhall002
          KatanaSoldier wrote:

Braada or Wildkat I believe usually have those tabs laying around with the bolts and screws. If not, home depot should be able to hook you up. Just make sure they are semi flexible fasteners then with screws, screw them in under your seat on the plastic part for a secure tight fit and you are good to go.

Thanks KS but I have already located the hardware I need for the seat. I did go to Home Depot and they did have the screws but not the fasteners.
          Do you or anyone else know of a something I could use as a replacement
          for those tabs?

Thanks
          I have them if you want them.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Low profile seat cowl ??

Anyone make a low profile seat cowl for a 2006 Katana?
            My list of sites and Google both failed to produce results for me.
            Bradaa appears to only make one, and its too high (not price. height)
            for the look I'm going for.
            I would really like a snap-on.
            Any help would be appreciated.

james
            Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

Locokat had one for sale!

Comment

thanks

Thank you,
                I sent a PM.

james
                Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

No prob. Loco is a good guy. I hope he still has it!

Comment

loco

He already sold it, so I'm still looking if you hear anything.
                    Seems like a cool guy.

Comment

I think BraadaJim is going to start making them again. Send him a PM. You might be the first!

Comment

Cowl

Sounds good. Will do.

Comment

so does he have them? ... if so, im very interested in getting one too.

Comment

SOLO LOW PROFILE COWL

so does he have them? ... if so, im very interested in getting one too.
                            I will post when I hear back from him. No reply yet.

Comment

ok great!

I got another question, what kind of cowls do you guys have, or want to get? and why?

It seems that there at two kinds, i just wanted to know which of the two you guys prefer.

Comment

Working...
                              X