X

Bed Liner instead of paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE:

I just dropped off all the parts at a place that does Line-x for trucks. It will cost $160 which I did not think was too bad for everything including the tank. They also do colors but I went with black. I was thinking about doing their dark blue but then the guy took a small sample and scratched it with a screwdriver and it made a light blue, very noticable, line. He told me that the black does not do this nearly as noticeable and It would be hard to touch up the blue so I went black.

Also, he said that the entire fairings have to be encapsulated so that they won't peel off because this product does not attach very well to plastics or fiberglass. He said that he has never had a problem if they are encapsulated So, anyone who may try to do this themselves should keep in mind that both sides need to be covered.

He said I should get them back on Thursday and I will put everyting back together this weekend.

Stay tuned for pics...
    I live in STL (Fenton, MO.) I have a '95 KAT-600. Love it to death. And I want to make it better but do not have a lot of $$$ cause I am getting ready to get married and buy a house so money is tight.

Comment

new member here, was about to paint ours flat black like the pictures above... but jeez if this bedliner turns out good, that might be the way to go. bike is the wifes, and being pretty new to riding, it's likely going to be dropped, line-x might be the way to go. anxious to see how this turns out, post pics when you get it back!!

Comment

I need paint too. can we get some detailed pics. thanks a bunch

Comment

I've used the rattle can bed liner stuff to refinish black textured plastic pieces, such as the belly pan on my VFR.
          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I posted some pics of the finished producton another thread. The title is "LINE-X KAT = DONE"

Should be easy to find.
            Mikey B.
            '95 Katana 600
            Line-X Kat

Comment

Here is the link with pics:

Mikey B.
              '95 Katana 600
              Line-X Kat

Comment

Working...
              X