X

Windshield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield

I´m looking for a new windshield - one with better protection against the wind. The one I have on now, is a MRA Touring screen, but it is almost identical with the original.
    I have seen someone witn a taller dark screen, with an angel at the top - guess it will give better protection from the wind and bugs.... Which screens are you using outthere ?? Where did you buy them ?
    "If you believe everything you read - better not read."

Sounds like you need to get yourself a Zero Gravity Sport Tour Screen!!! It's about 4" taller and 3" wider and provides really good protection. I got mine in the original deal and love it for my cool weather rides.
    2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Re: Windshield

Originally posted by mikkeljacobsen
      I´m looking for a new windshield - one with better protection against the wind. The one I have on now, is a MRA Touring screen, but it is almost identical with the original.
      I have seen someone witn a taller dark screen, with an angel at the top - guess it will give better protection from the wind and bugs.... Which screens are you using outthere ?? Where did you buy them ?
      I just put the MRA touring screen on my bike. It is 2" taller than stock and has a slight flip at the top. I was hoping for similar results but I have not used it yet. I was told by many that this screen would do what I/you wanted it to do.

Height plays a role in these things so can you tell me how tall you are?
      R.I.P. Marc

Comment

I´m 185cm tall

Comment

Well hopefully I get better results as I am only 172 cm.

Givi makes a screen that is 4" taller than stock. Another Canadian member, dcyna, uses the Givi screen and likes it.

pic of the Givi screen

Good Luck
          R.I.P. Marc

Comment

mikkeljacobsen I checked out your ride profile and unless you have changed it since the photo was taken your screen does not look like mine.

Check out my ride profile and look at the screen I have. Maybe you have a different screen than I do and this opens another option for you.
            R.I.P. Marc

Comment

checkout my profile, I bought the zero gravity sport tour screen. Its cool...
              "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

clear screen

just changed my screen from tinted to clear both work well

'99 Suzuki GSXF
                '67 BSA Spitfire
                '73 Triumph trident
                '35 AJS 350 side valve
                '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
                '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
                sigpic

Comment

goldkat - I agree They do not look the same. Are you sure thart yours is a MRA touring screen (not at MRA spoiler screen). I checked the numbers stamped into mine - they match the Touring screen. I don´t thint the previous owner has cut it down - but I can´t say for sure...

Comment

Took a closer look at the screen today - The screen has been cut down to same size as the factory screen. So I´ve just ordered a new-fullsize touring screen.

Comment

Took a closer look at the screen today - The screen has been cut down to same size as the factory screen. So I´ve just ordered a new-fullsize touring screen.
                      mikkeljacobsen, this is the MRA sku information from the screen I bought. As far as I know MRA only makes a stock replacement and the touring screen.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This is a photo showing the difference between the stock screen and the MRA touring screen. The touring screen is 2" taller (approx 5cm)
                      R.I.P. Marc

Comment

mikkeljacobsen, this is the MRA sku information from the screen I bought. As far as I know MRA only makes a stock replacement and the touring screen.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This is a photo showing the difference between the stock screen and the MRA touring screen. The touring screen is 2" taller (approx 5cm)

R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Goldkat- thanks!!!

Comment

Great thread folks!

I'm looking for a new 'shield for my Kat. I want to get the wind up over my head on highway riding.

The Zero Grav ST screen looks nice - anyone got more feedback on it?

I'm about 5'11" - Goldkat, does the MRA screen get the wind up over your head?

Comment

Does not get the wind over my head gues i´m just to tall (185cm) however it does shield the body and shoulders and the lower part of my helmet.

Comment

Working...
                              X