X

Glow in the dark paint???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow in the dark paint???

So check this out. I was in the garage working on my car. I was out there for about 3 hours when I decided to come inside. I walked to the door shut the lights off and decided to look at my bike one last time lol. It was glowing a bright white color. I had to shut the door to make sure it wasnt the reflection from the snow sure enough everything was black in the garage execpt the plastics on my orange bike glowing bright white. Anyone ever heard of a paint that does this? Ive had the bike for about 2 months and never noticed it till now. It looked pretty sweet to. Soon as my gf comes over im gonna TRY and see if a pic will come out.

Yea, it was discuessed a bit in this thread http://katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23317

Pretty sweet though. The guy you bought it from never mentioned it? Thats kinda wierd.

Comment

looks like you got the Radioactive Limited Edition. only 1 of em ever made

Comment

had to do it, I want to see this on a bike.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

well I bought it from a place that sells salvage bikes so I dont think they knew. I took me 2 months to find out. It does look really cool though my digi is broken so tonight when my gf comes over im gonna try and use her camera phone and see if the pic comes out.

Comment

You were x-rayed too many times
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

We demand pics!!!!
              Watch for your Guardian Angel
              750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

I wanna see this.

Comment

I will say this paint is def out there.. The dumb part of it is it only lasts like 6month to a year. The all the after dark fun goes away.. I would like to see pics though.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Ok I tried to use the cell phone to get a pick and it didnt really come out so tonight Im gonna pick up my moms digital camera and try that ill let ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by shownlow97
                      Ok I tried to use the cell phone to get a pick and it didnt really come out so tonight Im gonna pick up my moms digital camera and try that ill let ya know.
                      I would be surprised if you can get a pic with a regular gigital camera that will show the glowing effect as you see it with your own eyes. First being that the flash will probably drown it out, and the "point and shoot" digital cameras are not able to set exposure rates.
                      To get the full effect, you would need a digital SLR on a tripod with no flash and a long exposure.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

My digital will change exposure rates , and turning the flash off is easy enough . Even has a neat night setting that makes moving lights "run" .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well Mojoe was right I cant snap a good pic. It all comes out in black no matter what I try. Im not camera smart either lol. This girl I know has a real nice digi so I might see if that one will work. I wish the pics would come out it looks really neat.

Comment

Well I got to searching the net tongiht and came upon this http://www.tcpglobal.com/hokpaint/hokkglo.aspx if anyone is interested. Im sure its something close to what I have.

Comment

Working...
                            X