No announcement yet.
X

Need a colour code...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depending on the color, I can get a quart for that price.
    2 quarts once it is reduced.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
      I am not saying it is not good paint. It must be for them to still be in business at those prices. I will buy a pint of their cheaper color someday and experiment. If it works with my clear, then it might not be so bad to buy a quart of it. But if I have to use their clear that sells for double of or more of any other brand....well, forget it. I will never buy their paint again.
      i have a pretty solid in with Standox canada. I get the stuff at cost. If you want I can see if they can use the colorrite code to match the paint. I have never asked them specifically about colorrite, but so far they have matched anything I have brought their way.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Got your PM Mojoe - I'll keep an eye out for a similar colour on a car. I won't be going with colorrite at those prices. Question: you mentioned if you knew someone with that colour bike you could go have it scanned - is there a way for someone with that colour bike on here to get it scanned and send the pertinent CYMK (or whatever pertinent data) to you? I'm not clear on how the whole scanning process works.

Dave
        There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

Originally posted by CCnCoke
          Question: you mentioned if you knew someone with that colour bike you could go have it scanned - is there a way for someone with that colour bike on here to get it scanned and send the pertinent CYMK (or whatever pertinent data) to you? I'm not clear on how the whole scanning process works.

Dave
          I don't know anyone with that color bike, but another option is to buy the touch-up pen, then go to the supplier with that and have him try to match it.

I was looking through the BASF color-info paint chip book, and came across 3 colors that seem similar. Although it is hard to (impossible, actually) tell by comparing it to a color on a computer monitor.

449 Schiefergruen met. from an 01 BMW
          8N6 Greyish blue met. from an 01 Lexus
          LB5X Blue Spirit Perleffekt from an 01 Audi. (awesome color).

I stopped buying color chips long ago cuz they are just too expensive and I don't use them enough, but I have 3 here that I could lend you. they cover years 98, 99, 00, 01 and 02.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
            someone help me out here.......is colorite already reduced when you buy it by the quart?
            According to the website, no, it's not already reduced. So a quart of paint turns into 2 quarts when reduced. Of course, how much is the reducer??? I hate colorrite for that reason. $32.50 for a can of spray paint. Screw that. That's 8 cans of Duplicolor from Walmart.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

Working...
            X