X

These thingies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These thingies

So, I've got my plastics all the way off, and there are these black plastic bits of fairing on the inside of the front uppers. They just screw in to the uppers and attach to the center front fairing at the top. Because I'm a newb and drop my bike once or twice a season (i'm really bad at parking in church lots, blast you md86!) so the places on the uppers where these used to screw in have mostly broken off. Is it ok to just remove these? I'm not clear that they do anything except maybe route air over the oil cooler/engine better than if they weren't there. Anybody know anything about them?

Phil
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Fair enough, I'll do what I can when i get home. Fortunately the bike is in "Paint Prep" Mode so the fairings are lying around in dissarray begging me to get drunk and fall on them... lol

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

These

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

I POSTED PICS WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?????

seriously though, do I need these things?

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

Learn how to park . Noob . I think maybe God hates you , for you to keep having such bad luck in church parking lots .......
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i still have no idea what it is

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Learn how to park . Noob . I think maybe God hates you , for you to keep having such bad luck in church parking lots .......
                God doesn't hate Kat owners. We are considered an elite group with a passport to heaven...and twenty five virgins are waiting for us too.

philwecksr I am not an engineer but I would think those are there to channel air and assist in the aerodynamics of the bike. Whether or not you need them. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. Take it slow
                R.I.P. Marc

Comment

blast me and my useless pictures. Look near your front wheel, on the inside of the fairings by your radiator and you'll see them. The yellow piece in the picture is the center fairing just below the head light. I guess I don't have THAT much choice as most the mounting brackets are broken, but I could glue it up in its home....

And its ok, God hated me before I bought a Kat. His opinion of me improved slightly after the purchase, which has allowed me to newbishly skid off the road and keep it on two wheels all the way into the grass instead of just dumping it, but he still wants to make me look foolish and inconvenience me....

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

I know where they go. I have not taken mine off. Can you not drill a new hole with a self tapping kelly screw to told them in place?
                    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

The screw would protrude from the other side of the yellow fairing. The tabs (the broken ones) to secure them are on the fairing, not part of the frame or any sub assembly

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

Do you still have the mount points (the tabs)? If so, get some ABS cement, clean the parts of really well, and cement them back together. Because there isn't a lot of stress in that area (unless you drop it a lot.......), the cement will create a bond that will do wonders. You could also take some scrap ABS and create your own tabs and attach them the same way.
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

sounds like a plan to me.....

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

i would think that helps tie all the parts togeather to make it stronger so if you drop it again you dont crack a side in 1/2

Comment

Here's a fiche you should be able to find what you need, check the cowlings. http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/frames...00&parent=4850
                              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                              X