No announcement yet.
X

types of paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i usually use tape for the bugs, but I recently built a paintbooth at my friends shop and so far we have done a good job of keeping it sealed. no dust or bugs allowed.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

thanks for the more good advice. (somewhat) unfortunately i have already stripped most of the parts down to the plastic and sanded them up to 1000. I suppose i could have just scuffed up the paint, but i don't mind, since the previous owner had a (not all that good) spray paint job on it, and there are several cracks and stuff that i'd like to fix, can't hurt to go down to the bottom.

Maybe i'll leave some bugs in to give it a natural look.

Comment

when you buy your primer and paint, You should bring a small piece of plastic with you. Show the guy what you are painting and let him tell you what types of adhesioan agents you need. Not all primer can be used on abs without adhesion promotors. once you have primed you will again need to wetsand. and inevitbly will break through to bare plastic again in one corner or another. If and when this happens do not try to cover it with paint. Re prime section and sand again.

Keep us posted on your progress and I'll try to pass on any advice I can along the way. I am not a proffesional painter so take it for what its worth, but I am always happy with my results.

good luck

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
        X