X

Pearlescent White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearlescent White

So my fairings have a few chips cracks and missing bits and pieces. I was thinking about just picking up some new fairings and having them all painted and then trying to sell the old ones. (limit time I don't have my bike because its my only transportation so don't want to patch the cracks) Also no small cracks cuz the little bit of rattle kinda urks me.

Ok for the question. I wanted to do Pearlescent White with midnight black accents. Need some suggestions on paint brands. Do we have a favorite?

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

Oh side question. Does anyone know if there is a specific Hurigana or Kanji symbol for Suzuki and then for Katana or should I just spell it out? (three symnbols each) Or is there one solid one like the Busa?
    2008 Ducati 1098
    2001 Suzuki Katana 600
    Suzuki Proud
    Ducati Strong
    Rode across the US and would do it again in a heartbeat.

my recomendation on paint is standox. As for spraying the paint, do you have a paint gun, or are you looking to go rattle can? have you ever painted before ? If not I would recomend that you have someone else spray the pearl. It is difficult to paint pearl.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

pearl

sounds like a good paint choice

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
      Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
      Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

Oh sorry didn't mean myself I meant for someone else haha. Just more or less research bit. Seeings what everyone's favorite is and whatnot.
        2008 Ducati 1098
        2001 Suzuki Katana 600
        Suzuki Proud
        Ducati Strong

Comment

I used Duepont paint from NAPA but I have access to a paint gun and compressor

Comment

House of Kolor has some real nice pearl colors, including the white. You can also buy more pearl to add to it.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              House of Kolor has some real nice pearl colors, including the white. You can also buy more pearl to add to it.
              House of kolor has great pearls, but it is very costly. The good news is bikes are smaller than cars, so you won't need that much. As for pearl. My 2 favorite "factory" pearls, are the Cadillac escalade pearl white, and the audi pearl white. I think the audi looks better in the daylight, but the cadillac is unbeleivable at night under the lights.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

House of Kolor was actually not to bad when painting a bike. A car would be spendy though.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

SweetLou thanks for that, I was actually wondering about what you used the other day lol. And I take it House of Kolor will flex without any trouble?
                  2008 Ducati 1098
                  2001 Suzuki Katana 600
                  Suzuki Proud
                  Ducati Strong

Comment

Working...
                  X