two color schemes opinions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two color schemes opinions

Guys and Gals

I have two ideas for paint schemes for my 96 kat.

The first is yellow (like the HJC helmet) on all fairings and tank except the bottom ones which would be a silver/aluminum color with flat black forks/wheels/swingarm

second

Dark Gray Metallic like that of the silver stone VW, and flat black forks/wheels/swingarms
    OPT. ONE YELLOW
    0%
    OPT. TWO METALLIC GRAY
    0%
    1996 Katana - Sold
    2000 YZF600R - Killed by little old lady
    2006 Tacoma - Faster then the lawn mower

Fish are safer then senior citizens : )

I think option 2 would look sharper but both would look nice.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Yellow is a bad luck colour.

Can't go wrong with silver/grey.

Comment

I like matching Gears with bike. Wouldn't mind it myself if I can afford it.

Comment

Don't like the option of silver on the bottom and yellow on top. All the same color or nothing. Not a big yellow fan, too bold for me. Unless you are going real radical and making a show stopper. The silver can go with about anything. You could even throw in a splash of color, a pinstripe, just about anything to set it off. Just my opinion, everybody has one. But it's your bike, so yours is the only one that really matters.

Comment

if you can't decide between the two, paint it gray with yellow logos airbrushed over the gray.
            if you select the right shade of gray.....leaning towards gunmetal, someone with airbrush capabilities could shade or ghost a nice logo that would stand out, but not to boldly. more subtle, if you know what I mean.

I only suggest that because I can't choose between the two. I am a stickler when it comes to colors. There are few colors I actually like. red and black are my preferences. Yellow hits me as too bold, and grays tend to be boring to me. so because of this, and having to choose only between the two, I would use the two together. I would use the yellow in a "not so bold" way to spice up the boring gray.
            But that's just me.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior

I concur . Yellow SUCKS . Of course , grey IS my other favourite colour (mispelled intentionally so Kanadian Katriders can read) .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86

I concur . Yellow SUCKS . Of course , grey IS my other favourite colour (mispelled intentionally so Kanadian Katriders can read) .
                that's where my dual citizenship shows itself.....I can never decide to spell it "gray", or "grey". I can go either way.

Comment

I voted yellow, but I am a bit biased.
                  I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe

that's where my dual citizenship shows itself.....I can never decide to spell it "gray", or "grey". I can go either way.
                    or was he talking about color or colour?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
                      Originally posted by Mojoe

or was he talking about color or colour?
                      I will have to think about that while sitting on my chesterfield.

Comment

I didn't even THINK about the "grey" , but "favourite" and "colour" .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think you guys aboot wore this topic out
                          1996 Katana - Sold

Comment

go with the dark mat grey/gray It looks cool and if you are a person whos riding gear matches their bike you wont look like a banana
                            HILLBILLY DELUXE!!.........SLICK PICK UP TRUCKS.....LIVIN IT UP IN A SMALL TOWN....yep thats me

Comment

Well I think I am going to end this now. I thought there would be a larger diffrence in votes. I am going Black wheels fork swingarms and that area that looks like a truss that is made of plastic on the bottom rear plastics under the seat. and .....Yellow on everything else.
                              1996 Katana - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X