X

Fariing, Dash not holding together.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fariing, Dash not holding together.

Ok I'm gonna do my best to explain what is my issue here. At the corner of the fairing on a post '98 where the fairing meets the black dash plastic cowl or whatever it is. There is a body push pin that holds the two together above where the mirror mounts (man I hope ppl are understanding what im talking about after all that ) Well Mine is holding together. The plastic push pin will clip in like its suppose to but as soon I let go of the two pieces they will pull back apart. It almost seems as if something is pulling them apart because it's a pretty big gap. Anyone have ideals what could be goin on here? I have actually loosened the fairing and moved it around while still on the biek to see if it was hung up or something but to no avail. This should be such an easy problem to fix, but its really getting on my nerves. Sorry took so long to get pic up, but there it is.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

can you post some pics?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

just added pic

Comment

looks like the black dash molding needs to be
        "under" the blue fairing.

Comment

Unless this was changed on later models this is supposed to be a phillips head screw.

See this photo:
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Hmm.. Now u got me thinking.

Comment

If you pull out the white fastener you have there and look on the inside of the front fairing you should see a receiving piece for a screw.
              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

exactly how did the white fastner get there?

Comment

Originally posted by goldkat
                  Unless this was changed on later models this is supposed to be a phillips head screw.

See this photo:
                  http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=P1040731.jpg
                  Yes, it is a Phillips screw, not one of the black push pin things
                  It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X